Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Sponsorship to a illiterate member of family

Hi,

I need to sponsor someone from my family who is illiterate. The reson for the illiteracy is some medical problems. Though the person is illiterate, he can read and write well in our native language (mother toungue). The issue is that the person does not have qualification and is 26 years old. I have all the documents ready for that person. Will the consulate officials cause a problem during the Visa issuance. I know the person can get someone to translate the questions for him, but is there something I need to take care of.

Please feel free to ask more about this and kindly suggest something or share some experiences.

Thanks.

Originally posted by mevishwesh
    Hi,
    Though the person is illiterate, he can read and write well in our native language (mother toungue).
    Thanks.

I don’t think I understood this correctly… are you are considering the person an illiterate just because he cannot speak/read/write ENGLISH?
    I don’t think so, as he can read and write in mother tongue…

You can schedule an appointment for him in his native language

HTH
    RK

Comment

When I mean illiterate, I mean to say that the person has not been to school/college to attain any certification or qualification. The person was in a school for special metally/physically challenged people for some time. When the person will appear for the interview, looking at the age of the person is there a possibility for a visa rejection? And as well is it required to carry a medical certificate from the Civil sugeon mentioning the medical problems of this person?

Thanks.

Comment

Is there no one who can answer this? Can Immihelp admin answer this for me? Please feel free to ask questions for clarifications.

Regards.

Comment

Its good to have a letter from doc. There is no special rules for menatlly challenged people. I believe if the person is less than 14/15 yrs old, then they won't be subject to fingerprint/interview also.

Also, pls email the consulate rgding assistance for Physically handicapped people.

This is just my opinion. Hope it helps.
          Last edited by dahlia; 03-27-2006, 11:36 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X