Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa for New Year from Mumbai - Need Help

Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to go to US for 2 week during this year end vacation. I am 28 and my husband is 30 yrs old. He is working as a Marketing Manager in Mumbai and I had left my job in July and am not working currently. My sister lives in US with her family in US for 8 yrs on h1b and their green card in under process. We are self- sponsoring our trips and have sufficient balance in our accounts to showcase that.

So my question is, should I show the details of my sister living in US or should I skip that? Which would increase my chances of visa acceptance? Also, I have fear that if I include the details of my sister, I would need to get all paperwork in physical copy from her and that would take lot of time (she has done it previously for visa of my parents and it did take too much time). I am planning to go in less than 20 days, so I want to get it done as soon as possible. We have made plans and desperately want to go for this vacation.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by mee_k View Post
    Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to go to US for 2 week during this year end vacation. I am 28 and my husband is 30 yrs old. He is working as a Marketing Manager in Mumbai and I had left my job in July and am not working currently. My sister lives in US with her family in US for 8 yrs on h1b and their green card in under process. We are self- sponsoring our trips and have sufficient balance in our accounts to showcase that.

So my question is, should I show the details of my sister living in US or should I skip that? Which would increase my chances of visa acceptance? Also, I have fear that if I include the details of my sister, I would need to get all paperwork in physical copy from her and that would take lot of time (she has done it previously for visa of my parents and it did take too much time). I am planning to go in less than 20 days, so I want to get it done as soon as possible. We have made plans and desperately want to go for this vacation.

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!

Showing your sister living in US will not require her to send any paperwork because she is not filing the affidavit of support not inviting you. You are going on a self sponsored trip. Since your sister already sponsored your parents there is a good chance the VO will be able to match your details with her on their computer (through your parents' details) and deny your visa for hiding information.

Comment

Hi,

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!
      One more thing. You cant lie on your DS160 so since you are going to pay for your trip [you can show sufficient funds in your account and also recent transactions so that it should reflect they have not come overnight because they do observe]

2nd point- if its your real syster then you have to tell in DS160 as there is one field but it doesnt mean that will affect your visa since you will be staying in hotel and will be paying for your trip. Hence I dont think there is any harm and you dont have a choice by not telling that. If its not a real syster then dont need to mention.

Also you need to be prepared to show that you will come back to avoid rejection due to section 214(b).

Jason

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by rcmax View Post
        Showing your sister living in US will not require her to send any paperwork because she is not filing the affidavit of support not inviting you. You are going on a self sponsored trip. Since your sister already sponsored your parents there is a good chance the VO will be able to match your details with her on their computer (through your parents' details) and deny your visa for hiding information.
        Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by jason1986 View Post
          One more thing. You cant lie on your DS160 so since you are going to pay for your trip [you can show sufficient funds in your account and also recent transactions so that it should reflect they have not come overnight because they do observe]

2nd point- if its your real syster then you have to tell in DS160 as there is one field but it doesnt mean that will affect your visa since you will be staying in hotel and will be paying for your trip. Hence I dont think there is any harm and you dont have a choice by not telling that. If its not a real syster then dont need to mention.

Also you need to be prepared to show that you will come back to avoid rejection due to section 214(b).

If possible try to take 1 hour sessions from intentfilling.com. it will definitely help you.

Jason
          Thanks a lot for your help. She is my real sister and so I am showing her details. Honesty is the best policy. . I have sufficient balance in my account. However, I am staying with her for most part of my journey. That is fine, right?

What can I show to prove that I will come back? I don't have a job for past few months, though my husband has. Also, I don't own a property. Except for my one sister, all my family lives in India. What documents can I present to show my intention to come back?

Thanks!
          Last edited by mee_k; 11-29-2016, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. She is my real sister and so I am showing her details. Honesty is the best policy. . I have sufficient balance in my account. However, I am staying with her for most part of my journey. That is fine, right?

What can I show to prove that I will come back? I don't have a job for past few months, though my husband has. Also, I don't own a property. Except for my one sister, all my family lives in India. What documents can I present to show my intention to come back?

Thanks!
            I think that's beyond my knowledge based on your case. try reference I have given that might help you to prepare one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X