Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tourist visa for parents with NOC ending on Jan 18. Interview on Jan 12 is fine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa for parents with NOC ending on Jan 18. Interview on Jan 12 is fine?

Hi,

My parents are planning to apply for a tourist visa to the US, to meet me ( PhD on a Student Visa and my husband working full time on H1B and approve I 140). My mom needed to get an NOC from her employer. The dates mentioned in the NOC are from Jan 12 to Jan 18. However, the NOC didn't arrive until last week (December 14,2016) and the death of the Chief minister and other political reasons beyond our control has backlogged interview appointments at the consulate. My question is:

1. Right now the earliest available appointment date is Jan 12, 2017. Would it be fine to still go ahead and schedule the interview?

2. Will the Visa officer look at the dates on NOC and ask why they are appearing for the interview only now and reject the application?

Any advice?

Thanks everyone!

1. Yes. Meantime, Is it possible to apply for the new?
    2. If you don't get new NOC on time, then your mother can attend the interview and if visa officer asked explain the same.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X