how many times can entry USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many times can entry USA

Is anybody knows if you can come back to USA after 2 weeks with valid multi visa? Really need this anwser, can't find anything restrictive.
    Thanks

The CBP(customs and border patrol) officer at entry decides if such a quick
    revisit is actually justified by the purpose of your visit. He can stop
    you if he thinks otherwise.
    If it is a casual reentry I suggest you space it with a period of few months
    rather than just 2 weeks.

Originally posted by kluckyak
    Is anybody knows if you can come back to USA after 2 weeks with valid multi visa? Really need this anwser, can't find anything restrictive.
    Thanks

Comment

Those who comeback quickly will damage their record and there is no guarantee entry for quicker back to back visits.

Comment

I do not disagree with taco and VisaChief, but I am yet to hear a single incidence where parents with 10 yr multiple entry visa being turned back for reentering too early. I just came to know about my friend's parents who visited Canada for 5 days and had no re-entry issues. In fact the INS agent at SFO was joking with them about the quick come back. This is after a 6 month extension to current stay.

Another friend's mom stays in India for only 1 month between every trip (since he is the only child and his dad is no more) and he has been doing it for almost 6 years now, with extending visa every single time.

My cousin brings her parents and in-laws alternatively every 6 months and she has been doing it for a long long time. Again she has applied for their extensions innumerable times.

The strictness of visa rules seem to be in force only till you get the visa at the consulate, and after that it seems to be only on paper and seems to be a non issue. Of course, you should not rely on ancedotal evidence, especially from a public forum like this, to make such an important decision. Please be wise.

Comment

I have heard it depends on the port of entry too.... eg Denver officials are not aware that people coming from india stay for 6mths so they usually try to stamp 3mths thinking that should be more than enough and then your parents have to specifically mention to them for 6 mths...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X