B2 visitor visa - Regarding income via business for father-in-law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visitor visa - Regarding income via business for father-in-law

Hello, Need expert advice or experienced folks inputs. Appreciate your time and help. Tried to keep it clear and short.

B2 visa was rejected for my mother-in-law couple of months ago. Only question she was asked was, "What is the annual income"?. She answered it as 5 lakh/annum. Visa was rejected. Now I'm planning to sponsor visitor visa for both my mother-in-law and father-in-law.
    I'll furnish all the sponsor documents. My father-in-law is a businessman. He can furnish the land/property documents and property estimate from a Chartered accountant. No doubts until here.

My doubts:
    1. Incase the VO asks for "What is the annual income?", he doesn't maintain any records in his business nor does he file tax returns. So what can he do about this?
    2. Incase for question#1, there is nothing he can do, can he say his income via business is only around 5 Lakh/annum and has lot of inherited property (lands, house that can be evaluated at around 4 to 5 Crore rupees ). Will this make the case any stronger?
    3. Should property estimate document be obtained only from a chartered accountant or can it be a Propery value Notary document from a authorized personnel?

Kindly note that, my mother-in-law's B2 visa was rejected just for the question "what is the annual income?".

Thanks!
    Last edited by kanububobby; 01-01-2017, 04:26 AM.

1. It does not work like that. Only income that you can show is the one that is on the tax return. Otherwise, it is 0.
    2. That would not help. He has to tell the truth. When the person is making money and not paying income tax, visa officers are very smart and they will figure out immediately. Millions of people claim inherited property to avoid paying income tax and that is very well fact.
    3. CA
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X