Visitor visa question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa question

My parents attended the interview on 28th Mar, 2006 for visitor's visa. My mom got the visa but my dad did not. However, they did not return my dad's passport and DD, they kept these with them and gave him a questionnaire (pertaining to section 221g) to complete. Most of the questions in the letter are not applicable in my dad's case.

Did anyone face this kind of situation, where the consulate officers kept the passport with them and asked for additional documentation? If so, what is the success rate of getting a visa in such cases? And, typically how long do they take to process these cases?

Appreciate your help.

That means they need more info. abt ur fathers case. Hope you've send the reply to their questions. Allmost all such cases will get visa. But u may have to wait some time...(anywhere between 1-2 months???)
    Last edited by dahlia; 03-29-2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I am in the process of answering the questions on my dad's behalf. Some questions like 'describe your current research/professional projects in detail", etc. are not applicable in my father's case, Can I just say "not applicable" as the answer or should I explicitly mention that my dad is not involved in any research activity?

And, for question related to trip itinerary, can I say we will finalize the detailed itinerary after the visa is issued? However, at a high level I will mention the names of places in US that my parents plan to visit.

Comment

I've never seen the questionnaire before, but if there is space, provide as much details as you can.

2. Yes

Comment

Following are the questions they are asking in 221(g). If you see, ques 4, 5, 6, 7, 11,14 are not applicable in my dad's case. Should I just say 'not applicable' or should i explain in detail saying, the purpose of my dad's travel is to visit me and see some interesting places in US? Any help on how best to answer these questions is greatly appreciated.

1. Name of Applicant, Passport Number, Date & Place of Birth
          2. Please list the names of all accompanying travelers. If you are traveling to US as a member of a team, please list the names and passport numbers of all team members.
          3. List your trip itinerary and contact information of where you will stay.
          4. Please describe your current research/professional projects in detail. Describe the practical applications of current research or study. Assume that you are describing your work to a qualified scientist/professional in your field.
          5. Please describe your planned subjects of research, study or project in the US: practical applications of planned research or study.
          6. Your organization’s goals and objectives pertaining to your visit to the US.
          7. Plans after completion of study/work (i.e., where will you live/study/work?)
          8. Please describe your professional & academic background. Please attach a complete CV/Resume and a thorough list of publications and professional/research references.
          9. Previous US visa(s), including date of issuance, expiry and classification.
          10. Dates & countries of all previous travel abroad
          11. Sponsoring institutions (US or Indian) funding your travel, research or education.
          12. Advisor or contact person in the US, including address, phone number and email.
          13. Provide details of your letter of invitation and financial sponsorship.
          14. Export license number (or if pending – Export License Application number)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X