Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for 5 family members

Hi,

Here is some of my background. I am currently in the US on H1B visa for a year now. I recently got married and my wife holds an H4 visa. I would like to bring my father, mother, sister, brother-in-law and my niece(7 years old) to the US to visit. My father, sister, and brother-in-law are working in India and have sufficient proof to show that while my mother is a house maker.

I would like to know if they all can attend the interview together? I would love to have all of them interviewed at the same time, if possible.

Thanks.

Originally posted by prashantc88 View Post
    Hi,

Here is some of my background. I am currently in the US on H1B visa for a year now. I recently got married and my wife holds an H4 visa. I would like to bring my father, mother, sister, brother-in-law and my niece(7 years old) to the US to visit. My father, sister, and brother-in-law are working in India and have sufficient proof to show that while my mother is a house maker.

I would like to know if they all can attend the interview together? I would love to have all of them interviewed at the same time, if possible.

Thanks.
    Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Any help is much appreciated.
      It would be better to have your parents attend one interview together and then your sister and her family a separate one. I realize for getting to the interview etc. them traveling together would be preferred, but this is the way that would probably be best. You can always try and schedule them for the same day or within a day or two of each other, which may be possible.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
        It would be better to have your parents attend one interview together and then your sister and her family a separate one. I realize for getting to the interview etc. them traveling together would be preferred, but this is the way that would probably be best. You can always try and schedule them for the same day or within a day or two of each other, which may be possible.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
        I appreciate the response. Could you tell me the reason behind why you suggest two interview dates?

Thanks

Comment

I appreciate the response. Could you tell me the reason behind why you suggest two interview dates?

Thanks
          I welcome other opinions on this as well. So other readers of this post can also comment. I would like to schedule the interview for the family as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Comment

I welcome other opinions on this as well. So other readers of this post can also comment. I would like to schedule the interview for the family as soon as possible.

Thanks.
            1. When they go for the visa interview even if it is on the same day .they can go to different counters. That should take care of logistics.
            2. Why they should go to a different counters : To ensure that you are not putting all your eggs in one basket !!! - Visa can be denied for multiple reasons and sometimes just because of some speculation of the VO , you should not take risk of having all of them appear together on one counter.

avs

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek Rai View Post
              1. When they go for the visa interview even if it is on the same day .they can go to different counters. That should take care of logistics.
              2. Why they should go to a different counters : To ensure that you are not putting all your eggs in one basket !!! - Visa can be denied for multiple reasons and sometimes just because of some speculation of the VO , you should not take risk of having all of them appear together on one counter.

avs
              Thank you! That makes perfect sense.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X