Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa - Number of entries query

Hello.

I am a British citizen that is hoping to apply for a B2 visa within the next week or so. However, I have one query, which will affect my decision on when I want to visit the states.

I intend on visiting my girlfriend (US citizen) for a period of up to 6 months. We originally intended for me to arrive in late February or early March. However, we both plan to travel to South Africa to graduate in April (we both just finished our postgraduate degrees here - it is where we met).

If I was to enter the US before travelling to South Africa, would that nullify my ability to return to the US for the remainder of the 6 months?

Obviously, I wouldn't want to be denied entry on the second visit. Would it instead be recommended that I apply for the B2 Visa, but meet my girlfriend in South Africa, so that it will be single entry?

Notes:
    I have visited my girlfriend on three occasions before (all under visa waiver programme), and have never overstayed (90 days on one occasion, both others under one month).

Thanks in advance!

Couple of points.. B2 attempts from VWP nations is a hurdle. You're tasked with proving what is it you hope to accomplish in 180 days that you can't in the 90 days.
    Secondly, each entry into the US counts as a new entry, subject to CBP discretion (existing i94s are nullified upon exit from the US).

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Couple of points.. B2 attempts from VWP nations is a hurdle. You're tasked with proving what is it you hope to accomplish in 180 days that you can't in the 90 days.
      Secondly, each entry into the US counts as a new entry, subject to CBP discretion (existing i94s are nullified upon exit from the US).
      Hello.

Thanks for the information. Yes, I have been made aware of the difficulties in obtaining a B2 visa from another forum. I think my girlfriend and I had been a bit naive in this sense, so I am glad that I have not paid any fees or made any appointments yet.

I do not think I will be going ahead with the B2, so will instead use the VWP on my next visit.

Thanks again

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X