Self-sponsorship with credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sponsorship with credit card?

I was once a student in the United States on an F1 status. I then worked on the OPT and received a social security number as a result.

If I'd like to apply for a visitors visa, may I use my credit card, which has a 22k credit line, to show proof of being able to sponsor myself?

Would having an SSN and a clean immigration record in the past help with my process?

I will be applying for the visa myself since the rest of my family already has a 10 year visa. But I intend to travel there with them, however, I am currently unemployed in my home country.

Please advise.

Originally posted by NanoDice View Post
    I was once a student in the United States on an F1 status. I then worked on the OPT and received a social security number as a result.

If I'd like to apply for a visitors visa, may I use my credit card, which has a 22k credit line, to show proof of being able to sponsor myself?

Would having an SSN and a clean immigration record in the past help with my process?

I will be applying for the visa myself since the rest of my family already has a 10 year visa. But I intend to travel there with them, however, I am currently unemployed in my home country.

Please advise.
    usually you would not be asked for CC details. They might ask about your savings, usually job is a factor, well paid job is a plus.

SSN not relevant, prior good behaviour is a plus.

Being unemployed is a minus.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X