Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Rejected from UK-Feeling Miserable-Mystery

Hello,

It's my 2nd time in UK on Tier2 ICT Visa valid for one year ending in July 2017. Here is how my day went and made my feel terrible about myself:

I applied for B2 Tourist visa to visit US for 10 days during my holidays in March and hence would also have got chance to meet my younger brother recently deputed on H1b 3 months ago. Here is what happened.

I was little nervous , let me admit at first place.

Documents Submission
    Handed over all my documents to lady at the window.
    Lady: I only need your passport and DS160 form. She kept those with her and returned my other documents except BRP card.( BRP card has validity of your UK visa).
    Me: Thank You!
    Lady: Why you going to US ?
    Me: (Was nervous-Asked her to repeat though I understood in first place thinking is she the one who will take Interview) I said on holidays.
    Lady: you mean vacation?
    Me: Yes

She handed over my passport,BRP and DS160 , told me to wait for interview until my turn come.
    Then I noticed, From red pen she mentioned on my DS160, T2 ending in July.

Then my turn came for interview:

VO: How are you ?
    Me: Good , Thanks and you ?
    VO: Good , Thanks!
    VO: Why you going to US?
    Me: For vacation.
    VO: Who is Ankur?
    Me: Ankur is my younger brother (She raised eyebrow carefully listened to what I said. ) (I mentioned in DS160 about my brother).
    VO: What he does there?
    Me: He works for ___employer recently moved on non immigration visa.
    VO: What do you do ?
    Me: I work for ____.
    VO: When did you come here (to UK she meant)?
    ME: Its my second time here.
    VO: When did you come this time?
    ME: Its been more than 6 months, I came in July 2016.
    VO: What will you do when your contract here ends?
    Me: I will join my company in India as I did before. ( I thought I should have corrected her that I am a permanent employee of ______ company and deputed here)
    VO: How long you have been working with ______?
    Me: More than five and a half years. (I joined in July 2011).

We remain quite for sometime and she kept typing something before finally saying you are not eligible........and gave me 214B refusal form.
    Didnt check any documents, My paperwork was strong.

I think I didnt communicate my message clearly and was kinda nervous and taken for granted that I will get visa. She might have tricked me saying ~what will you do once your contract here ends, though I m a permanent employee?~

So now I am so pissed off ay myself and unable to let myself go. I also gotten an oppurtunity to goto US on business travel provided I have a visa. So that visa should have worked.

I am planning to schedule appointment again next week as I am frustated, and want to make myself clear.

Please help/suggest.

You can apply again. Try to be honest and be confident.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X