Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of applying for multiple visas

Context

I'm currently in the US on an L1B visa. My project the reason why I'm in the US on L1B is getting over in a month so I'll be returning to my home country in March 2017.

I found a employer in my network who is in need of my skills and would like to file an H1B in April 2017. I understand that the H1B visa is subject to lottery, so I have some back-up plans of studying an MBA degree, preferably in the US (course starts August 2017)

I also have some pre-planned road trips, vacation etc. in the US, with a few friends in the coming months (between March & August).

Questions

1. Can I apply for a B2 visa to make my vacation plans? Despite having an active H1B petition?
    2. Will traveling on a B2 visa to the US, hamper H1B approval chances?
    3. If I get admits from US colleges, will my F1 application have any issues going through if B2 and H1 are also valid.

Are there any ramifications I need to watch-out for?

I have tried to be as detailed as possible. Please let me know if I can provide anything else. As always, really appreciate the help in advance.

Thank you very much!

1. For vacation you can apply for B1/B2 visa. But it is advisable You can wait for your vacation until you have valid F1 or H1 visa.
    2. No. But it's not
    3. Most likely not.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X