Visa Denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa Denial

I have met someone from NIGERIA and we have been talking for about 5-6 mths and so we fell inlove and so I inviated him down for a visit and he had all the required doc but they denied him cause he was single. Can someone please tell me what can be done i'm a us cititzen i don't what to do at this time i'm not able to leave my country. Should I get a lawyer and try fiance visa??????????

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks,
    Texan

To get a fiance visa in Nigeria, both of you must actually be engaged in Nigeria.

If he has a bachelor's degree, you could look for an employer for him
    in the US who might be willing to sponsor an H-1 visa for him.
    This may take a little time but if approved, he will get his H-1
    regardless of the facts that he is single, and that he has a girl friend in US.
    Also, a prior denial of a visit visa does not affect the issuance of an H-1 visa.

Other than that, the only way is for you to visit him in Nigeria , get engaged
    or married there.

Originally posted by dre
    I have met someone from NIGERIA and we have been talking for about 5-6 mths and so we fell inlove and so I inviated him down for a visit and he had all the required doc but they denied him cause he was single. Can someone please tell me what can be done i'm a us cititzen i don't what to do at this time i'm not able to leave my country. Should I get a lawyer and try fiance visa??????????

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks,
    Texan

Comment

Visa Denial

Well at this time i'm not able to leave my country but i wanted to know if i get a lawyer to get him to the usa came we marry here????????

thank,

dre

Comment

A lawyer cannot do much about a visit visa denial because there is no appeal
        process in place for a visit visa. But a lawyer could help prepare for his second application and interview for a visit visa. There are no guarantees here too especially if your friend told the visa officer about you, because they know he has intentions of getting married to you and they do not grant a visit visa to anyone who gives any indication of staying back in US.

But you can always give the lawyer a try.

Originally posted by dre
        Well at this time i'm not able to leave my country but i wanted to know if i get a lawyer to get him to the usa came we marry here????????

thank,

dre

Comment

First things first, was he sponsoring on his own or did u sponsor. If u were the sponsor, in I134 you would have specified ur relationship to sponsor. If my guess is right, he would have told about you and ur relationship. Thats a sure shot way of denial because he is considered as potential immigrant. To the best of my knowledge, visitor visa is not a good option for this case. As Mr. Taco said H1 is another option but thats time consuming. Lawyer won't be much of a help here.

Comment

well what about a fianice visa if i send from here with a lawyer

Originally posted by andyargs
            First things first, was he sponsoring on his own or did u sponsor. If u were the sponsor, in I134 you would have specified ur relationship to sponsor. If my guess is right, he would have told about you and ur relationship. Thats a sure shot way of denial because he is considered as potential immigrant. To the best of my knowledge, visitor visa is not a good option for this case. As Mr. Taco said H1 is another option but thats time consuming. Lawyer won't be much of a help here.

So can i do a fianice visa with a lawyer and send for him to get married in the usa???????????

texan

Comment

what to do

well is a fianice visa a good thing for this case if i get a lawyer

thanks,

texan

Comment

For a fiance visa, both of you must have met at least once in the last 2 years.
                There are exceptions to this rule only when your fiance's cultural
                traditions would forbid meeting before marriage.

Originally posted by dre
                well is a fianice visa a good thing for this case if i get a lawyer

thanks,

texan

Comment

Thanks For All The Help I Have Gotten

well we met in 2004 in germany but i lost all my info he still have his visa from
                  the visit but they said something about pictures we don't have any cause we never had plan on getting married it just something that cam along.

What about a sponsorship how does that work?

Is there any other way I can do this

THSNKS,
                  TEXAN

Comment

Ok, please write to your friend and ask him to provide CLEAR
                    details of his application for the visit visa;
                    when?, how many times refused?, what did he tell the visa officer in detail-
                    the prurpose of the visit, did you send any papers to him --what papers?,
                    and the EXACT reason for refusal.
                    And what does he do in Nigeria (student, job)?
                    Has he been married before? Any kids?

We will go from there.

Originally posted by dre
                    well we met in 2004 in germany but i lost all my info he still have his visa from
                    the visit but they said something about pictures we don't have any cause we never had plan on getting married it just something that cam along.

What about a sponsorship how does that work?

Is there any other way I can do this

THSNKS,
                    TEXAN

Comment

Visa Refusal// This Is What Was Said

On 4 April was the date i had an appointment with the America embassy here in lagos Nigeria.The time was 7am and i got there before 6.30 am, with all they documents they asked me to bring, like invitation letter from the person inviting you, my tax clearance, pay slip, bank statement, i even had the company bank statement also.The company certificate of registration and certificate of in -cooperate , leave letter and recommendation letter from my company,My identity card, there form i filled on net,my flight reservation.
                      I went there with the normal $100,so we all entered the hall and after we were checked and they asked us to go and pay which i did also.Then i was given a card, which contain number(NIM) non immigrant 13 number 6.and when it got to my turn to be interview i entered and the lady asked me what is my name i told her that my name and she asked me if am married i said no and she asked me how old am i and i told her am 30 and she asked me again where do i know u and i told her that we met in Germany and she asked me why do i want to go to USA and i told her that am on vacation and i want to visit my good friend in texas.Then she checked some of my documents and after that she went in side and came back and asked me again if am married and said no and she said am sorry we can n't give you visa to state.
                      That is all and nothing more nothing less. ( that is what he said)

All I sent was the invation letters and the proof showing i had a job with how much i made and how much taxes were taken out and how long i've been working there which was 3yrs and my Driver L to show i'm a us citizen

Thanks,

Texan

Comment

Getting a visit visa will be impossible even if he tried again because they
                        know he has intentions of getting married to you.

If your meeting in 2004 was within the last 2 years, you could talk to
                        a lawyer if he could process for a fiancee visa.
                        There are several lawyers who will give you a free initial email consultation
                        and let you know if it is possible.

Other than that, the only routes are you going to meet him
                        or you looking for a job for him in US and getting him an H-1 visa.

Originally posted by dre
                        On 4 April was the date i had an appointment with the America embassy here in lagos Nigeria.The time was 7am and i got there before 6.30 am, with all they documents they asked me to bring, like invitation letter from the person inviting you, my tax clearance, pay slip, bank statement, i even had the company bank statement also.The company certificate of registration and certificate of in -cooperate , leave letter and recommendation letter from my company,My identity card, there form i filled on net,my flight reservation.
                        I went there with the normal $100,so we all entered the hall and after we were checked and they asked us to go and pay which i did also.Then i was given a card, which contain number(NIM) non immigrant 13 number 6.and when it got to my turn to be interview i entered and the lady asked me what is my name i told her that my name and she asked me if am married i said no and she asked me how old am i and i told her am 30 and she asked me again where do i know u and i told her that we met in Germany and she asked me why do i want to go to USA and i told her that am on vacation and i want to visit my good friend in texas.Then she checked some of my documents and after that she went in side and came back and asked me again if am married and said no and she said am sorry we can n't give you visa to state.
                        That is all and nothing more nothing less. ( that is what he said)

All I sent was the invation letters and the proof showing i had a job with how much i made and how much taxes were taken out and how long i've been working there which was 3yrs and my Driver L to show i'm a us citizen

Thanks,

Texan

Comment

visa denail

ok thanks i spoke to a lawyer and they told me to come in wensday

Thanks,
                          dre

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X