Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMLE Step 2 CS

Hi,

My wife is planning to visit the US to take her Step 2CS exam in August, after which she plans to do a couple of observerships for a month. She has already finished her Step 1 and will be taking her Step 2CK in June. Given that for most of the residency programs the end date for applying is October and interviews happen from November to January, I wanted to know if:

1. She could apply for B1/B2 visa citing Step 2 CS as the reason, finish the exam and observership, come back to India and then go back for her interviews? Can she make two visits in a 6 month span to the US?

2. Or is it better that she takes a regular visitor visa and stays in the US for 6 months without citing the reason that she is appearing for the exam. By Brother in Law stays in the US and he can provide the documents required for the visit.

We have 2 kids and I am working in India. She is also a consultant at a couple of hospitals in India.

My primary doubt is if she gets an interview call will there be any problem at the immigration is she cites that she has to attend interviews for residency in the US?

Regards,
    Naveen

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X