Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green card holder living outside the US wants to apply for visitor visa for wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card holder living outside the US wants to apply for visitor visa for wife

I am a US Legal Permanent Resident since 2010. I have been working in India for the last 3 years on an extended work assignment. The work assignment will continue for the next 2-3 years. I have had 2 re-entry permits during this time period, first one expired in Feb 2016 and the second one is active and valid till Mar 2018

I got married to an India citizen earlier this year and we are living together in India right now. She has no prior visa or any history of travel to the US (or any foreign country). I have not filed an immigrant visa petition (I-130) on her behalf and have no plans to do so just yet. She is a housewife.

I am visiting the US for a work trip in August for 3 weeks and would like her to accompany me for tourism purpose. We have filed for visitor visa (B1/B2) application for her and the visa interview is in 2 weeks.

I have the following questions -
    1) I understand that she will have to show strong ties of coming back to India. Since I'm living in India right now, does that help her prove strong ties? Given that she doesn't work, what else can I provide to demonstrate strong ties?
    2) Could she be denied the visa outright? I've read about cases online where applicants were told that they should apply for an immigrant visa instead? Should we even attempt to apply?
    3) Will this denial affect any future visa applications or future I-130 immigrant visa petition?
    4) Let's assume that her visa is granted
    - When we arrive in the US, can she be denied entry at the port of Entry?
    - Could this end up raising questions as to why I have been living outside the US for an extended period of time thereby putting my green card in jeopardy?

Thanks!

Facing same issue but in more critical way.

I am male who live's in US , have Permanent GC and got married in feb 2017.
    My wife is in my native country and I wish she get her visit visa before her immigration process starts, I didnt apply her immigration process yet .
    so is this possible she will get visit visa or not ?

Comment

Any feeback/suggestions?

Gurus! Does anyone have any feedback or suggestions on this issue?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X