Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on applying for a B2 Visa with a J1 Visa

Hello everyone,

I hope everybody's doing great. So my name is Ismail and I'm 23 years old from Morocco, I'm planning on applying for a B2 Visa and I just wanted some opinions on whether or not I have good chances of getting one.

Last year I was in the US on a J1 Visa on a program with the department of state of America, I spent about 4 months there and got back last May. I've recently graduated with a 5 year degree in business from a reputable school in Morocco, and I've been admitted to Doctoral Studies in the same school. I'm going to do a one year internship first in Budapest, Hungary before pursuing Doctoral Studies, and I have documents proving both (doctoral studies admission, and Budapest Internship). I can provide Bank statements showing proof of available funds in the amount of 35 thousand dollars during the last 3 Months in my father's account, and I have a small apartment of my own. Finally, I'm planning on visiting my friends at the University where I was and I can stay at their apartment, but for Visa purposes I was wondering if it's better to say that I'm visiting my Uncle in New York and have him sponsor me.

Originally posted by Ismail Kha View Post
    Hello everyone,

I hope everybody's doing great. So my name is Ismail and I'm 23 years old from Morocco, I'm planning on applying for a B2 Visa and I just wanted some opinions on whether or not I have good chances of getting one.

Last year I was in the US on a J1 Visa on a program with the department of state of America, I spent about 4 months there and got back last May. I've recently graduated with a 5 year degree in business from a reputable school in Morocco, and I've been admitted to Doctoral Studies in the same school. I'm going to do a one year internship first in Budapest, Hungary before pursuing Doctoral Studies, and I have documents proving both (doctoral studies admission, and Budapest Internship). I can provide Bank statements showing proof of available funds in the amount of 35 thousand dollars during the last 3 Months in my father's account, and I have a small apartment of my own. Finally, I'm planning on visiting my friends at the University where I was and I can stay at their apartment, but for Visa purposes I was wondering if it's better to say that I'm visiting my Uncle in New York and have him sponsor me.
    Never lie about your intentions. Be truthful about the purpose for your visit. As far as your chances of approval, no one can know for sure. All you can do is apply, however, you have been to the U.S. previously and it appears used the visa properly, so that will help. You appear to have reason to return as they will be looking for strong ties to home country (country of residence). Good Luck to you.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
      Never lie about your intentions. Be truthful about the purpose for your visit. As far as your chances of approval, no one can know for sure. All you can do is apply, however, you have been to the U.S. previously and it appears used the visa properly, so that will help. You appear to have reason to return as they will be looking for strong ties to home country (country of residence). Good Luck to you.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
      Thank you for your reply, appreciate it!

Comment

I judge your chances as fair. Not great, but not bad either

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          I judge your chances as fair. Not great, but not bad either
          Could you please give me an example of two that would have otherwise made my chances great?

Comment

Your case for a tourist visa would be stronger if you could show strong ties to your home abroad. Community engagement, a family of your own, funds of your own, a well paying job

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
              Your case for a tourist visa would be stronger if you could show strong ties to your home abroad. Community engagement, a family of your own, funds of your own, a well paying job
              Thanks for your reply!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X