Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa help

Hi,

I was planing to invite my Mom and Dad to US during this summer so they applied for their visitor visa in Dec 2016 at New Delhi and was issued the same without any problem.

In Jan 2017 my mom left for her heavenly abode so now my dad is left alone and not willing to come to US alone so I wanted to apply my younger brother's visitor visa(I will sponsor everything from visa to travel expenses, lodging etc for him) so that he can accompany my father during his travel. My brother is unmarried and works for an Indian MNC at Bangalore, India as a software Engineer. I wanted to bring him here for 2 weeks so that we 3 (my father, brother and I) can spend sometime together.

I am unmarried and working here in US on H1B as a software engineer for a retail company and have been in US for 3 years. I have earlier sponsored my parents visa.

I wanted to understand how should I apply for my brother visa? What is his probability of getting that?

In DS-160 should I fill my fathers detail in travel companion or not.

Thanks in advance and any feedback/input would be highly appreciated.

1. His visa application would be just like anyone else's. There is nothing different about him. In general, it is much more difficult for young single people to get US visitors visa.

Yes, your father should be listed as travel companion.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      1. His visa application would be just like anyone else's. There is nothing different about him. In general, it is much more difficult for young single people to get US visitors visa.

Yes, your father should be listed as travel companion.

Thanks for your response. I assume he wil have to carry some extra documents in addition to what is generally suggested for parents. Can you please guide me through the list of all the docs please.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X