Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visitor Visa - Inviting Father for wedding in USA

Hi,

I am planning to get married in July this year and I would like to invite my father for my wedding. My mother is no more with us.
    I invited him once for my graduation in 2015 and he was rejected under 221 g. I am in process of getting H1b this year.

Documents I am providing for my father's interview:
    - Job Verification from Company.
    - Wedding Card
    - Venue booking and paid receipt

His Documents
    - Job Verification from his company and approval of leave of 3 weeks
    - Bank Statement

Could you please guide me if there is something else I can also show for stronger ties. I really need him to attend my wedding.
    Please help me in this process. I appreciate your help guys!

Originally posted by areebk View Post
    Hi,

I am planning to get married in July this year and I would like to invite my father for my wedding. My mother is no more with us.
    I invited him once for my graduation in 2015 and he was rejected under 221 g. I am in process of getting H1b this year.

Documents I am providing for my father's interview:
    - Job Verification from Company.
    - Wedding Card
    - Venue booking and paid receipt

His Documents
    - Job Verification from his company and approval of leave of 3 weeks
    - Bank Statement

Could you please guide me if there is something else I can also show for stronger ties. I really need him to attend my wedding.
    Please help me in this process. I appreciate your help guys!
    If he owns any property that would help or if he has other children living in his home country that will not be traveling. However, it appears he is a widow. This will certainly make it harder for him to be approved. Many children who live here, want to bring their widowed parents here to the U.S. to care for and look out for them and therefore they can be viewed as an immigration risk. All he can do is apply.

Good Luck to you,

Trinity71

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X