B2 Visa Approved for Widow Mother in Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa Approved for Widow Mother in Mumbai

I want to share the experience of my mom’s visa approval. Hope this will give some confidence to folks with similar situation.
    Thanks a lot to this forum for maintaining and helping people with doubts /concerns about tourism visas.
    My mom is 54 yrs(Widow) and she got her visa from Mumbai Consulate. The interview was very smooth and the VO did not ask for any documents except passport.
    I am single child and on H4 visa. My husband is on H1B . The visa was self sponsored by my mother.

Here are the Q&A's.
    1) What is the purpose of your trip?
    - To visit Daughter & son in law
    2) Which visa is your son and daughter-in-law on?
    - Answered .
    3) Where does your son-in-law work
    - Answered
    4) Which other countries have you travelled before ?
    - Answered the countries’ names she has visited before.

That’s pretty much it. Visa was approved for 10 years !!

Three factors that worked in her case.
    • Self sponsorship – Easier to prove that she has strong tie ups with home country
    • Thorough Preparation for answering all possible questions
    • My mom answered all the questions confidently without hesitating. (Interview was in Hindi)

Please check out these links that contains some more details about the B2 Visitor visa : -

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks.
    Good luck to all that have applied or are in the process of applying for B2 Visas. )

Congratulations! And thank you for posting your experience.

Before she visits the US, consider getting her visitors insurance, available for instant purchase at https://www.insubuy.com
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Please give more details

Hi,
      Thanks for the post.
      It seems that travelling to other countries helped her to get US visa since visa officer was convinced that she is not a potential immigrant.
      It will be a big help if you can please elaborate her reply, that which countries she has visited, by which VO said "that's pretty good." !
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mumwidmom View Post
        I want to share the experience of my mom’s visa approval. Hope this will give some confidence to folks with similar situation.
        Thanks a lot to this forum for maintaining and helping people with doubts /concerns about tourism visas.
        My mom is 54 yrs(Widow) and she got her visa from Mumbai Consulate. The interview was very smooth and the VO did not ask for any documents except passport.
        I am single child and on H4 visa. My husband is on H1B . The visa was self sponsored by my mother.

Here are the Q&A's.
        1) What is the purpose of your trip?
        - To visit Daughter & son in law
        2) Which visa is your son and daughter-in-law on?
        - Answered .
        3) Where does your son-in-law work
        - Answered
        4) Which other countries have you travelled before ?
        - Answered the countries’ names she has visited before.

That’s pretty much it. Visa was approved for 10 years !!

Three factors that worked in her case.
        • Self sponsorship – Easier to prove that she has strong tie ups with home country
        • Thorough Preparation for answering all possible questions
        • My mom answered all the questions confidently without hesitating. (Interview was in Hindi)

Please check out these links that contains some more details about the B2 Visitor visa : -

Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks.
        Good luck to all that have applied or are in the process of applying for B2 Visas. )
        Congratulations.
        Can you explain how were the good ties proved in the Interview or the DS-160 Form?

Comment

Originally posted by Ashaben View Post
          Hi,
          Thanks for the post.
          It seems that travelling to other countries helped her to get US visa since visa officer was convinced that she is not a potential immigrant.
          It will be a big help if you can please elaborate her reply, that which countries she has visited, by which VO said "that's pretty good." !
          Thanks
          Hi Ashaben ,Sorry for the late reply ,
          My mom replied the countries names that she visited ( Dubai , Qatar).The officer then also asked who was she visiting in these countries ,to which she answered the relation of the person in the respective country she visited.
          My mom just answered to the point so that's preety much it. Hope this helps 😊

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X