Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urent!!! Google invite for developer conference - b1/b2 rejected!! Please help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urent!!! Google invite for developer conference - b1/b2 rejected!! Please help!!

Hello respected members,

My First ever US B1/B2 visa application got REJECTED with 214-b letter.
    I had included 28 days of visit in DS-160 as an intent of tourism + conference with no travel booking and I am a Single Software engineer working for an IT firm with 6 years of experience.

Google IO conference starts from 17th may 2017 till 19th may 2017, and i really don't want to miss this big opportunity, Please Help.
    Also my company is not sponsoring anything for this trip i am going for my own benefit being as an android developer.

My Interview went like this after normal greet:-
    Appointment Date: 12th April 2017 9:00 AM
    VO: Your Passport!
    ME: GIVEN!

VO: Have you visited any other country??
    ME: Yes.

VO: Which country for what?
    ME: I visited Germany 3 times on a business visa for business meeting and for training purpose (VO checks my passport and proceeds.)(As per my passport i have only travelled to germany, but i didn't included the country which i visited on weekends while i was in germany since they are not captured on the passport)

VO: Why you want to go to US??
    ME: I want to attend a conference, GOOGLE IO 2017 and for tourism purpose.

VO: What is this conference about?
    ME: This is an annual conference for the google developer community, where google will announce their new products and features including workshops, hands-on training and demos for the developer community.

Up to here he seems to be well convinced.

VO: What do you do?
    ME: I am a software engineer

VO: How much experience do you have?
    ME: 6 Years

VO: Why your company spending 1000$ for you on this trip?
    ME : I said My company is not paying for this trip, I am paying by myself for this trip.

VO: Sorry we cannot issue the visa for you, please read this letter and handed me the rejected letter 214b with my passport.

VO didn't, check a single document during the interview.

As this was self sponsored trip i had all my proper finance statement with adequate amount required for the expense for this trip, I had also specified my monthly salary in DS-160 which is more than enough for the expenses.

I Don't understand why my visa got rejected, i had below documents as well with me but VO didn't ask anything and didn't allow me to prove anything

1. All my finance and dad financial statement with me.
    2. My new property xerox copy since original is with bank, so i had also carried my loan disbursement original copy.
    3. My 4 Life Insurance policy and my share investment statement.
    4. My approve leave email for 25 days from my manager which includes i am attending this conference in California.
    5. My event confirmation ticket and visa letter from google for 28 days regarding a business visitor visa.
    6. my original employment proof letter stating i am applying for us visa.
    7. My original employment proof letter.

So i have strong ties to my home country for the below reason which VO officer didnt ask and its major reason for denial under 214b :-
    1. I have my family here (parents and 2 sister).
    2. I have my investment of Life insurance, medical insurance, property and shares.
    3. Also i have good paying job in india.
    4. I have travelled to germany 3 times and returned back on time.
    5. I will get my property position from builder in JUNE 2017.
    6. Full list of agenda of the conference.

Question??
    1. I really can't understand what went wrong ??? pls help me to understand
    2. I cannot self sponsor a technical conference being a software engineer and being under a job?? since after knowing that trip is not sponsored by my company, VO direcly gave me 214b letter without any further question.
    3. VO didn't ask any question regarding my ties to homeland, how she is concluding i don't have enough grounds to return to homeland??
    4. Should I try reapplying with the same case again??? or should I try asking my company for sponsorship this time??

Reference :
    I have my friend same case who is going for attending ******** developer conference, this month and he has taken loan for the same and self sponsored trip, he is also an android developer, currently doing job and have 3 years of experience.

Please guide me, do i still have a chance to apply for the same???? what should i change this time??

Regards,
    Ajay Mahajan
    Mumbai

This is waay messed up, I'm pretty distressed wondering how many amazing people won't be joining us this May in Mountain View

I'm curious, what is $1,000 to you? Like, how much money do you earn, how many days weeks or months would it take you to earn that $1,000?

Comment

These "interviews" at Consulates abroad sound all too familiar. I was stopped mid sentence for another visa application and was just told "you do not meet the requirements". At this point, I have not submitted all the information or documents I had. I hardly started presenting my case. I'm sorry you had a similar experience.

The only advice I can give, if they have a problem with you paying for this, is that you can say it is Continuing Education and that is why you are paying out of pocket. Something like this: "Since it is considered continuing education, my employer does not pay for this." You can also say that as a Software Engineer you have to update your skills all the time to stay relevant. (That is basically what CE is.)

Hope this helps.
      Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
        This is waay messed up, I'm pretty distressed wondering how many amazing people won't be joining us this May in Mountain View

I'm curious, what is $1,000 to you? Like, how much money do you earn, how many days weeks or months would it take you to earn that $1,000?
        My earnings are pretty good... And I have my savings, the only thing I am applying for this visa, since I got this free invite from Google, google had paid the conference ticket for me as part of Google community, I just have to arrange for travel and stay.

Comment

Should i apply second time??

Originally posted by NettieL View Post
          These "interviews" at Consulates abroad sound all too familiar. I was stopped mid sentence for another visa application and was just told "you do not meet the requirements". At this point, I have not submitted all the information or documents I had. I hardly started presenting my case. I'm sorry you had a similar experience.

The only advice I can give, if they have a problem with you paying for this, is that you can say it is Continuing Education and that is why you are paying out of pocket. Something like this: "Since it is considered continuing education, my employer does not pay for this." You can also say that as a Software Engineer you have to update your skills all the time to stay relevant. (That is basically what CE is.)

Hope this helps.
          Thanks for the help, But VO dosen't gave any chance to explain, even i don't do they really have problem me paying for this trip. My friend had similar case, he is self sponsoring his trip and he got the visa for the ******** developer conference.

Comment

B1 visa for a single IT professional, that too without any company sponsoring it is risky.

99% chances that you'll try to find a job in USA & would try to stay here for long term - hence your B1 visa is rejected.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X