B2 visa for parents for attending graduation ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 visa for parents for attending graduation ceremony

My parents would be traveling to the US for my graduation. They have the visa interview in some days. I have already applied for OPT. If the visa officer asks my parents that what your son's plans after his graduation? What should they exactly say which shouldn't affect me or them in any negative way.

If anyone is aware, please do let me know.
    Thanks in advance for your responses.

They can say that he plans to return which is what you will have to do anyway unless you change your mind later and get H1 and eventually green card.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      They can say that he plans to return which is what you will have to do anyway unless you change your mind later and get H1 and eventually green card.
      I plan to work after completing my masters on OPT. And that is why I have already applied for OPT. If my parents say that I plan to return, wont they understand through the system that I have already applied for OPT and wouldn't it look like my parents are lying?

Comment

Originally posted by swaps93 View Post
        My parents would be traveling to the US for my graduation. They have the visa interview in some days. I have already applied for OPT. If the visa officer asks my parents that what your son's plans after his graduation? What should they exactly say which shouldn't affect me or them in any negative way.

If anyone is aware, please do let me know.
        Thanks in advance for your responses.
        Hi,
        How did the interview go? Did they get the Visa yet?

Comment

Yes, its done

Originally posted by Eagle19 View Post
          Hi,
          How did the interview go? Did they get the Visa yet?
          Hi,
          They had their interview yesterday and their Visa is approved.
          They were asked general questions like where are you going in the US, what's the purpose of your visit, what is your profession here?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X