X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry to the US on visit visa!!!

Hi All,

DESPERATELY NEED HELP!!!

Firstly a quick background. I currently live in France. Married to a US citizen for 6 years. My husband and I are expecting a baby in June this year. We will be applying for babys US passport as she will be eligible for it. I have a visit visa (B2) which is valid till 2019. I have been to US 3 to 4 times and have always been granted entry. I have never overstayed.

My husband is applying for jobs in the US and we are planning to move there in September this year. As we dont have enough time to apply for Immigrant visa we were thinking of going to US first and then apply for Immigrant visa as that way we will have to spend less time away from each other and can fly back to my home county once I-130 is approved which usually takes around 4 to 5 months. My question is...
    (1) Will I be able to enter US with my husband(US citizen) and baby(US Citizen)?? (I will have baby and my return ticket booked)
    (2) If I am able to enter US can I apply for change of status Visa??

As we will be having a baby we would like to spend less time away from each other. Please HELP.

If you are coming to the USA on a visitors visa with the intention of filing a green card to immigrate, that is not allowed.

However, you can visit USA for tourism and change your mind later to stay in the USA and your husband can file your green card.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X