sponsor visa wait times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsor visa wait times

So I have in friend who lives in Venezuela, we've been friends for years and he really wants to come to the US - I want him to, too, so I told him if he wanted I could sponsor him for a tourist visa. Problem is I don't know that much about the process of this sort of thing, but I'll figure it out - My biggest question though is, how long would the wait time be? Let's say I submit my invitation, affidavit (or however you spell that), bank info etc right this day - How long would the wait times be? Assuming they accept him (That's another thing I'm confused about - Would I/he get a message telling him he's been accepted/rejected, or he would have to go through an interview first before the answer is given?).

Originally posted by drukqs View Post
    So I have in friend who lives in Venezuela, we've been friends for years and he really wants to come to the US - I want him to, too, so I told him if he wanted I could sponsor him for a tourist visa. Problem is I don't know that much about the process of this sort of thing, but I'll figure it out - My biggest question though is, how long would the wait time be? Let's say I submit my invitation, affidavit (or however you spell that), bank info etc right this day - How long would the wait times be? Assuming they accept him (That's another thing I'm confused about - Would I/he get a message telling him he's been accepted/rejected, or he would have to go through an interview first before the answer is given?).
    USA Visitors Visa - Comprehensive information for a sponsor and visitor. Visitor visa sample documents and interview preparation tips available. Visitors visa case studies and reapplication advice for the refusal of a USA visitor visa. Ask visitor visa related questions in our discussions forum

Its fairly easy.. You will have to get him all the support docs. He applies for an appointment at US Consulate.. and you get the decision right there and then

Comment

Originally posted by roychoudhury@houston View Post
      http://www.immihelp.com/visitor-visa/

Its fairly easy.. You will have to get him all the support docs. He applies for an appointment at US Consulate.. and you get the decision right there and then
      Wait, does he have to go to the appointment or I do?

Oh, that sounds easy - But wait, would the visa be given to him instantly or? That page says something about visas being issued starting up to 3 months later, so I'm not sure if I follow completely.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X