• Show
Clear All

• Single Female - Tourist Visa denied TWICE

Hey guys, Here is my profile:

SINGLE FEMALE
    WORK EXPERIENCE - 3 YRS
    ANNUAL SALARY - 5LACS INR
    REAL PURPOSE - TO VISIT MY BOYFRIEND

I RECENTLY GOT REJECTED TWICE. PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY SITUATION AND HOW EARLY I CAN APPLY AGAIN.

HERE IS HOW BOTH THE INTERVIEWS WENT :

First interview :

Vo : good morning
    Me : good morning

Vo : how are you today?
    Me : I am good how are you?

Vo : passport please
    Me: slided

Vo: have you travelled to any other country?
    Me : Maldives

Vo : why did you visit Maldives
    Me : I visited Maldives for tourism purpose

Vo: where do you work?
    Me : I am a software engineer at Accenture

Vo : for how long?
    Me : 3 years

Vo : what is the purpose of your trip
    Me : to visit my friends in Houston and then we will travel to Orlando to visit Disneyworld and universal studios

Vo : What does your friends do?
    Me : they are studying masters at University of Houston

Vo : masters in what
    Me : one of them is in computer science program and other one in computer information systems

Vo : How much expenses do you expect to incur?
    Me : 2lacs out of which I already booked flight and hotel tickets

Vo: who is sponsoring you
    Me : I am sponsoring myself for this trip

Vo : How much do you have in your savings account
    Me : 2.5 lacs in savings and 1.6 in Rd

Vo : will you put all your savings for tourism?
    Me : I wanted to visit Disneyworld and universal studios since long time and we planned together

She types for 2mins and said sorry unfortunately I can't give you visa this time

Interview 2:

Me: good morning
    Vo : good morning how are you doing

Me : m good how are you
    Me : given

She read the comments from previous officer and asked me

Vo: why are you traveling to u.s
    Me : to visit my friends in Houston and then we will travel to Orlando to visit Disneyworld and universal studios

she here raised eyebrows and started typing

Vo : where do you work
    Me : I am software engineer at Accenture

Vo :What do you at Accenture
    me: I am working in plethora of roles like database and websphere administrator

She stopped me and asked

Vo: Have you travel to any other country?
    Me : yes mam I have been to Maldives
    She gives a big smile and said nice

Me : 2lacs out of which I have paid for more than 50 % of the trip including flight and hotel tickets

What is your annual income?
    Me : 5lacs 5 thousand

Me : my father is sponsoring me

She then said I agree with the officer of last time.you are not eligible
    Handed me the white paper again

Please help and guide us.
    We dont know what is going wrong in our visa application or interviews.

Originally posted by VibhuSharma View Post

SINGLE FEMALE
    WORK EXPERIENCE - 3 YRS

I RECENTLY GOT REJECTED TWICE. PLEASE HELP ME HOW CAN I IMPROVE MY SITUATION AND HOW EARLY I CAN APPLY AGAIN.

First interview :

Me : one of them is in computer science program and other one in computer information systems

Me : I wanted to visit Disneyworld and universal studios since long time and we planned together

She types for 2mins and said sorry unfortunately I can't give you visa this time

Interview 2:

She stopped me and asked

Me : 2lacs out of which I have paid for more than 50 % of the trip including flight and hotel tickets

I guess you need to show more assets in India to convince that you are the officer that you will be back. USCIS recently came out with a report of thousands of folks who entered into US using B1/B2 visa but overstayed and never returned. So your application is getting rejected a probably you are not showing much asset and you are almost burning all your life savings just for a trip.. it is probably making no sense to the officer. Good luck next time.

Above is my opinion and not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by roychoudhury@houston View Post
      I guess you need to show more assets in India to convince that you are the officer that you will be back. USCIS recently came out with a report of thousands of folks who entered into US using B1/B2 visa but overstayed and never returned. So your application is getting rejected a probably you are not showing much asset and you are almost burning all your life savings just for a trip.. it is probably making no sense to the officer. Good luck next time.

Above is my opinion and not legal advice

Alright. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. So what would you suggest , should we try 3rd time again ? I have few more queries. Please guide:

And if we try, How early we should apply ?

My ticket is booked for 30th June. Do you think its a good idea to apply again in next 2 weeks ?

Also, Will it not be suspicious if I update my salary in new DS-160 from 4 lacs to say 8-9 lacs ? They might think i am lying as how can my salary increase in 2 weeks. What do you suggest on this ?

Last, Do you think we should put our purpose truly that I am going to visit my BF ? Will it help or fire back ??

Again, Thanks a lot

Comment

Alright. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. So what would you suggest , should we try 3rd time again ? I have few more queries. Please guide:

And if we try, How early we should apply ?

My ticket is booked for 30th June. Do you think its a good idea to apply again in next 2 weeks ?

Also, Will it not be suspicious if I update my salary in new DS-160 from 4 lacs to say 8-9 lacs ? They might think i am lying as how can my salary increase in 2 weeks. What do you suggest on this ?

Last, Do you think we should put our purpose truly that I am going to visit my BF ? Will it help or fire back ??

Again, Thanks a lot

How did you go? My travel is 30th June also, and Ive been waiting over 3 months, still in Admin Processing, Its looking very doubtful for me, hope you have better news.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykitty View Post
          How did you go? My travel is 30th June also, and Ive been waiting over 3 months, still in Admin Processing, Its looking very doubtful for me, hope you have better news.

I too applied for a tourist visa before to meet my boyfriend (now my husband) here in the US. As expected I was denied. I did a lot of research and being single who's travelling abroad are most likely to be denied (if reasons are to meet your significant other). Well not sure with yours because you never told them the real reason for your tour. Maybe they denied you for some other reasons. Maybe insufficient fund or you were not able to provide proof of you going back to your country, I mean you have to prove them you don't have any other intentions other than having a tour, because some of those who come with a tourist visa overstayed and some marry. So I think those are the factors that you might want to prove.

Comment

SINGLE FEMALE
            WORK EXPERIENCE - 3 YRS

First interview :

Interview 2:

She stopped me and asked

You state " REAL PURPOSE - TO VISIT MY BOYFRIEND". The sole purpose of the job of a visa officer is to stop fraud which is what you are trying to commit. They don't believe you and they are correct in not doing so. Of course no one gets approved for a visitor visa to come here to the U.S. to visit a boyfriend. That makes someone an immediate immigration risk. But even on top of all of that, you are young, no true ties to home country, and many people in your profession try and come here to the U.S. to seek employment while on a visitors visa and then they look for an employer to sponsor them for an H1 visa. So I would say your overall chances of getting a visa at all are very slim no matter how you present it.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

I read your all threads: did you give your friends details & address in your DS-160 ? For usa contact details ? Did you give any confirmed hotel booking and confirmed air ticket details ? If not your should have given very specific information about your friends who you were visiting , complete address and phone number and email and his company details. Secondly in your first interview when you were asked who will sponsor, your answer should have been " I am a working woman and I am earning 5.5 lacs pa plus my father will support me, & his pa income is this ..he is .... his work is ..., this answer could been answered less then 10/15 second if you actually rehearse. Travel history also plays role as support document , you have never travelled to Europe and U.K. And Australia , a visit and come back from these countries play an your friends are already there well it looks like you won't come back. Well yes being single is also one of the factor but not a big issue ,

Second interview : half battle already lost because of first refusal, but even in your second interview you made the same mistake ,I really want to know what you filled in your ds-160.
              Now for the third time : I won't advice ... it shows why are you so desperate to go to usa ? And never give wrong information don't escalate your salary , don't lie .. don't apply actually because now even you show your income 50 lacs you will still get refused. Wait build travel history and then apply ... well if you really that desperate then it will show that your intent is not clean to come back. Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X