Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed : Passport being returned after 3 months of Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed : Passport being returned after 3 months of Administrative Processing

Hello everyone, my B2 visa has been stuck in Admin processing for 3 months.

At the time of the interview the officer said no documents were needed and my passport was kept.

I have offered many documents but they don't want any of them. They have had my passport for 3 months also.

I received an email yesterday to say that they are returning my passport and that I am still in Admin processing. The email was:

"Your passport will be sent out from our office by close of business today,

The status of your case is currently under review and visa processing is continuing. The time necessary to complete the additional processing varies by case, and unfortunately we are unable to offer a timeline for issuance. "

I am scared now that the passport will come back with a rejection letter. Why did they not continue to keep it if I am still undergoing Admin processing?

Has anyone had this happen where they have returned the passport.

Is there any hope for me?

Thankyou so much for any advice.

No one can tell you about the 221g admin. processing time . Each case is different. It will happen when it happens. Admin process may take longer that's why they are returning your passport.

Once you get the passport, please let us know whether your visa is rejected or approved.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      No one can tell you about the 221g admin. processing time . Each case is different. It will happen when it happens. Admin process may take longer that's why they are returning your passport.

Once you get the passport, please let us know whether your visa is rejected or approved.
      Hello, thankyou for the reply.

Passport arrived today with nothing else in the envelope. I did call the VISA hotline and they advised that "Admin processing" is continuing and that the consulate often return passports once they have been held for a while and that they will ask for it again when processing has been completed.

Comment

J2 under AP

Originally posted by kittykitty View Post
        Hello everyone, my B2 visa has been stuck in Admin processing for 3 months.

At the time of the interview the officer said no documents were needed and my passport was kept.

I have offered many documents but they don't want any of them. They have had my passport for 3 months also.

I received an email yesterday to say that they are returning my passport and that I am still in Admin processing. The email was:

"Your passport will be sent out from our office by close of business today,

The status of your case is currently under review and visa processing is continuing. The time necessary to complete the additional processing varies by case, and unfortunately we are unable to offer a timeline for issuance. "

I am scared now that the passport will come back with a rejection letter. Why did they not continue to keep it if I am still undergoing Admin processing?

Has anyone had this happen where they have returned the passport.

Is there any hope for me?

Thankyou so much for any advice.

Hi there

Did they again call for passport? Did you finally get the visa?
        My J2 is under AP for the past 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by J2 AP View Post
          Hi there

Did they again call for passport? Did you finally get the visa?
          My J2 is under AP for the past 2 months.
          Hello, I received an email asking for my passport to be sent in along with $25US.

21 months went by since initial interview.

Comment

Originally posted by kittykitty View Post
            Hello, I received an email asking for my passport to be sent in along with $25US.

21 months went by since initial interview.
            Thanks for the reply

Comment

Hello ,

I have the same thing happened to me is still gives me on the status administrative process although the embassy sent the passport back to me 45 days ago . does it means I didn't got refusal?
              if anyone have the samething please advice

Comment

Originally posted by alphaman View Post
                Hello ,

I have the same thing happened to me is still gives me on the status administrative process although the embassy sent the passport back to me 45 days ago . does it means I didn't got refusal?
                if anyone have the samething please advice
                I applied via interview waiver

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X