Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for the parent of US Citizen - multiple denials

Hi!

I've recently become a US Citizen, and had my father apply for a visitor visa to come visit me and my family.

A bit backstory: Me and my wife had invited him to our wedding 3 years ago, and he got denied twice. I already had a green card back then. After getting my citizenship this year, he applied for a visitor visa, but got denied again.
    My wife is a born US Citizen, we have young children, who are also us citizens. It is quite disappointing to have my father's visa denied, given that we've sent all the supporting letters and documents.

I've read somewhere that there's a presumption of an immigrant intent, when relatives of US Citizens apply for visitor visas. I know that i can petition a green card for him anytime, but he doesn't want to stay here permanently. I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of applying for a green card only for him to come visit me once, as I'm aware that green cards are no longer valid if you stay outside of the US longer than 6 months.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's been in a similar situation, did you guys kept applying, or said "The hell with this" and went the Green Card route?

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X