Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) Administrative Processing - Time frame to submit my passport

Hi all,

I'm new here but I couldn't find an answer anywhere to my question and I've even emailed the embassy but still have not got a response.

I applied for a nonimmigrant visa in may and was given a 221(g) form as my application was put under administrative processing.

Yesterday I received an email to submit passport for visa processing (approved I think? yay!)

However, I am going to spain on thursday next week for 1 week and this was booked in january (way before I applied for my visa as I did not think it would be such a struggle to get it!)

I was wondering if there is a time frame to submit my passport to them? I saw on the 221(g) form that it says you have a year to submit documents from the day you got the letter, however this is a passport and it seems the administrative processing side of it is completed. I also saw on a website it said 30 days but I don't think it was related to this type of visa. I can get it submitted within 10 days from today (the day I return) so it's not such a long wait, however if I submit it now there is no guarantee I will get it back in time to travel next week on my holiday.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

10 days is fine.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X