Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 expired, I94 stamp valid. Is domestic travel ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 expired, I94 stamp valid. Is domestic travel ok?

Hi,

My father who is a citizen of India has his b2 expired in April 2017. His I-94 stamp is valid thru mid Oct, 2017. If he were to air-travel domestically in August 2017, will there be any potential issues of immigration status?

He also has an I-130 GC application thru his brother filed in 2014. We have an acknowledgement of reception (I-797) of his application. Should he carry I-797 copy in the air travel to support. What other documents should he carry with him?

Thanks in advance

If you mean the visa is expired, it's absolutely okay. Visas are only for entry, and only have to be valid at the time of entry; they have no relevance after entry.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Question

Did you have problems traveling? We are traveling domestically next week and my husbands i94 expired in June (passport and visa still in good standing), we are filing for his change in status to permanent resident but haven't received anything yet. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by njansenvanrensburg View Post
        Did you have problems traveling? We are traveling domestically next week and my husbands i94 expired in June (passport and visa still in good standing), we are filing for his change in status to permanent resident but haven't received anything yet. Thanks!!
        That's a different situation. He should carry his I-485 receipt just in case.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X