28 year old working engaged girl applying to visit brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 year old working engaged girl applying to visit brother

Hey guys! I'm a 28 year old female from India working in a private financial company for almost a year now. I want to visit my younger brother in Chicago (he's working on a H1B visa there). I want to visit him for about two weeks and he wants to show me around the city and go to a sporting event together. I'm also engaged but my fiance doesn't have a passport nor does he wants to travel abroad so I'll be travelling solo. We plan on getting married early next year. My dad is going to pay for my flight tickets and I'll be staying with my brother for two weeks when I'm in the US. Also I don't have another other siblings besides my brother. Can you guys please share any tips on what kind of questions the VO might ask me and what are my chances of getting a visa? I have no intentions of living in the US as I have my fiance, my job and my parents here. Thank you

Chances of your visa approval is very tough. There is no harm to try. You can show your family tree, employment letter and other financial documents.

Please read,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

I genuinely just want to visit my brother for two weeks and come back. I have Rs. 80,000/- in my bank account and my dad is going to pay for my round-trip plane tickets.

Comment

Hi

Hi, I got mine 2 days after my 28th birthday! I was denied one when I was 22 because they said I didn't have enough ties. In my country they don't accept documents because of fraud so I basically went in with just my confirmation page and passport. The counsular mostly asked about my job and I answered confidently to every question. Just make sure that you are on your job at least 4 years. I think the denial rate depends on the country. I'm from a caribbean country where the population is mostly indians.

Good luck!
        Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
        Priority Date: 01/22/2018
        Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
        Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
        Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
        Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
        EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
        EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
        SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
        GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
        Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018