Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa Interview in MAY

Hi,
    My parants has interview in May. Since two weeks I am following these forums and they are very helpful. I started preparing the documents. I have few questions for which I could not find the answers yet.

Can somebody please clarify my doubts/questions.

My father is 65 years old and mother 60 years old. He was a businessman but now retired. Unfortunately he does not have any land/house on his name.
    But he inherited some cultivation land and one site in our native town from my grand father. (i.e the documents will have my grand father's name)

In this situation, I don't know what kind of documents we can show for property documents proof.

1. Can we prepare an affidavit on stamp paper that it is inherited from my grand father and it belongs to my father now?

2. Is there any standard on the value of stamp paper we need to use. Is it Rs20, Rs50 or Rs100 etc.

3. In one of the forum I read EC for the land.. What does EC stands for ??

Thanks in Advance for your answers...

Ajju.

EC - Encumbrance certificate.

I am not really sure if we need to prepare an affidavit on a stamp paper. I had my brother go to a Charted Accoutant and prepare a property evaluation document. Also the house we live is not on my fathers name. In the property evaluation document we mentioned that its on my grandfathers name.

Thanks
    JV

Comment

Hello JV:
      Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me how to get this Encumbrance certificate for the land/site? Can you please give me the detailed procedure. I am hearing it first time.

Also, I thougt We need to do the property affidavit on a stamp paper which needs to be noterized? Is CA do it on a plain paper and does it noterized??

Thanks for your quick reply ..

Ajju.

Originally posted by jatav
      EC - Encumbrance certificate.

I am not really sure if we need to prepare an affidavit on a stamp paper. I had my brother go to a Charted Accoutant and prepare a property evaluation document. Also the house we live is not on my fathers name. In the property evaluation document we mentioned that its on my grandfathers name.

Thanks
      JV

Comment

Can somebody confirm if property affidavit can be on plain paper or should it be on Stamp paper?

Also Is anybody tried collecting the passport in Chennai vfs-visa office itself?
        How easy it is? Can we collect it on the same day of visa is granted on the morning (say before 11 AM).

Comment

My parents did it on plain paper.

u won't get passport on the same day in chennai.

Comment

Thank you dahila for your answers.

Originally posted by dahlia
            My parents did it on plain paper.

u won't get passport on the same day in chennai.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X