Extending I-94 date under B2 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extending I-94 date under B2 visa

Hi Everyone - My mom visited states yesterday (Aug 1) on B2 visa. Apparently She had return ticket booked in Dec 2nd week but the officer still gave only 3 months permit to stay in I-94. Can anyone suggest me how to change. I read the process, it was noted that i need to contact USCIS to extend stay and it seems involved paying 375$, is there any other way without any fees.

No, unfortunately
    Filed I-130, I130A, I-485, I-765
    Priority Date: 01/22/2018
    Date Received NOA Letters: 02/02/2018
    Courtesy Letter for i693: 02/20/2018
    Biometrics Done: 02/21/2018
    Interview(rec' approval letter): 05/31/2018
    EAD card in production: 06/02/2018
    EAD card in hand: 06/07/2018
    SSN card in hand: 06/09/2018
    GC approval/production notifications: 07/08/2018
    Card mailed notification: 07/09/2018
    I130 & I485 approval letters received: 07/09/2018
    GC in hand: 07/11/2018

Comment

Originally posted by kaylip View Post
      No, unfortunately
      Oh this is really bad

is this an option to go to Mexico border from San Diego and re-enter to get new I-94. San Deigo is actually close to our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkat Pola View Post
        Hi Everyone - My mom visited states yesterday (Aug 1) on B2 visa. Apparently She had return ticket booked in Dec 2nd week but the officer still gave only 3 months permit to stay in I-94. Can anyone suggest me how to change. I read the process, it was noted that i need to contact USCIS to extend stay and it seems involved paying 375$, is there any other way without any fees.
        First, you are talking about the I-94 online, right? If you are talking about the entry stamp please check the online I-94 because sometimes they make mistakes on the stamp.

She can apply for Extension of Status with I-539. It costs $370. The application needs to be received by USCIS before her status expires.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          First, you are talking about the I-94 online, right? If you are talking about the entry stamp please check the online I-94 because sometimes they make mistakes on the stamp.

She can apply for Extension of Status with I-539. It costs $370. The application needs to be received by USCIS before her status expires.

Yes you are right, i am talking about I-94 online. Applying extension through I-539 seems an option but it involves cost 370$. Since i am living close to San Diego, is it an option to cross the Mexico US border and re-enter to get new I-94?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X