Re-entry when previous Form I-539 is still pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entry when previous Form I-539 is still pending

I applied for my Parents extension of stay on April 15, 2017 before 30 days of the I-94 expiry date. Since, we did not hear on the extension, my parents left US as per there original schedule on May 15, 2017, that is before expiration of I-94 but form I-539 was still pending.

After 4 months, still the Form I-539 is still pending with USCIS as of Aug 22, 2017. Now, I want to bring my parents again to US. My question is will there entry be denied or will it void there visa? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's irrelevant. If they leave while it's pending, it's abandoned (because there is no status when one is outside the US, so there is no status to "extend" anymore). It has no effect on their visa. Even if they left after the I-94 expired and while the I-539 is pending, it still has no effect on their visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by vgnshallu View Post
      I applied for my Parents extension of stay on April 15, 2017 before 30 days of the I-94 expiry date. Since, we did not hear on the extension, my parents left US as per there original schedule on May 15, 2017, that is before expiration of I-94 but form I-539 was still pending.

After 4 months, still the Form I-539 is still pending with USCIS as of Aug 22, 2017. Now, I want to bring my parents again to US. My question is will there entry be denied or will it void there visa? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
      Thanks, newacct!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X