Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1/b2 visa rejected, going for a second attempt. Please share tips

Hi,

I'm an Indian citizen currently residing in Delhi and passport address/hometown is Mumbai

I was living in Saudi Arabia from March 2015 - June 2016 after getting married in January 2015

I applied for the visa in March 2016 in Jeddah I was handed the 214 b form. This was how the interview went.

ME: gm
    VO : how long have you been in saudi for?
    Me: about a year
    Vo: purpose of visit
    Me: holiday and to visit my husbands aunt
    Vo: how long and where?
    Me: about two weeks, we'll see the east coast. Husband went recently and loved NYC so really wanted to show me around
    VO: show husbands visa and employee letter
    Me: he's in a government job here and makes 1 lac
    VO: who'll be sponsoring for your trip?
    Me: husbands uncle.. (Show them the invitation letter)
    VO: have you traveled anywhere in last 3 years
    Me: Dubai, Mauritius for honeymoon and Saudia
    VO: sorry, you don't meet the requirements of the visa. Reapply again when circumstances are different.

I was carrying all my documents to show strong home ties, I've visited 4-5 more countries after the visa rejection. I was told to only answer questions that are asked. I feel I didn't elaborate much on my home ties, how I have family and house in India etc

Now I want to go for a second attempt, going to apply here from Delhi. This time I'm not going to mention any family and going to say I'm going purely for tourism. What should I do differently this time?

First time when you applied for US visa, You were living in Saudi for a short time. So you should have applied for US visa from India NOT from Saudi.

If you have relatives in US be honest and tell the truth otherwise it will have negative impact on your case. Purpose of visit you can tourism. You can self sponsor then chances of visa approval will be high.

Please find visitor visa process at,
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by jnk View Post
      First time when you applied for US visa, You were living in Saudi for a short time. So you should have applied for US visa from India NOT from Saudi.

If you have relatives in US be honest and tell the truth otherwise it will have negative impact on your case. Purpose of visit you can tourism. You can self sponsor then chances of visa approval will be high.

Please find visitor visa process at,
      https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...ation-process/
      Hi,

I analysed and thought the same too, that I should have applied for my home country.

As far as the relative is concerned, don't they mean immediate relatives? The relative happens to be my husbands' aunt. Do I still need to mention her?

Also, for self sponsoring.. how much money should I be showing in my account balance? or can multiple accounts be fine?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X