Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's B2 VISA (Please help)

Hello,

I am a new member of this forum and I hope to get some answers for my query. I am Sachin (31) from India. My sister and brother-in-law live in US. My brother-in-law is working there and he is in US since 2012. I got married in 2012 and I travelled to US (alone) in Dec'2015 for one month on B2 VISA. My VISA is valid till 2025.

Back then in 2015, i had a bank balance of approx 6 Lacs (INR) and a plot in my name. But the interviewer only asked about my bank balance that too was the last question. He just asked me routine questions like 'why do u want to go to US?' , 'where will u stay?' , 'How long will u stay there?' , 'who will bear the expenses?' etc etc. Before the interview i doubted whether i will get the VISA or not. That is because i was not working at that time (resigned from my company couple of months back for some reasons). But to my surprise I got the VISA valid upto 2025.

Now I want to visit US again with my wife. She has not travelled out side India before. She does not have any VISA for any foreign country. She is planning to apply for B2 VISA. My concern is that right now I have a Bank balance of 3 Lacs (INR), that is because I bought a New House last month and invested most of my savings into that. Besides that I have a plot in my name as I mentioned before. I am currently working in a private firm. My family (Mother, Father and a brother who is a special child) is here in india. We have our paternal home and other properties also.

That clearly shows that I have strong ties to my home country and my wife is dependent on me.

I wanna know about her chances of getting the B2 VISA approved considering the following conditions:

(i) If she is dependent on me.
    (ii) If she is a working women in a private firm. (is it difficult to get the VISA in this case?)
    (iii) Will Bank balance be a issue???? ( I can get a invitation letter from my relatives if required)

I would really appreciate if you guys can help and show some light on this.

Regards
    Sachin

Originally posted by 9ightrider View Post
    Hello,

I am a new member of this forum and I hope to get some answers for my query. I am Sachin (31) from India. My sister and brother-in-law live in US. My brother-in-law is working there and he is in US since 2012. I got married in 2012 and I travelled to US (alone) in Dec'2015 for one month on B2 VISA. My VISA is valid till 2025.

Back then in 2015, i had a bank balance of approx 6 Lacs (INR) and a plot in my name. But the interviewer only asked about my bank balance that too was the last question. He just asked me routine questions like 'why do u want to go to US?' , 'where will u stay?' , 'How long will u stay there?' , 'who will bear the expenses?' etc etc. Before the interview i doubted whether i will get the VISA or not. That is because i was not working at that time (resigned from my company couple of months back for some reasons). But to my surprise I got the VISA valid upto 2025.

Now I want to visit US again with my wife. She has not travelled out side India before. She does not have any VISA for any foreign country. She is planning to apply for B2 VISA. My concern is that right now I have a Bank balance of 3 Lacs (INR), that is because I bought a New House last month and invested most of my savings into that. Besides that I have a plot in my name as I mentioned before. I am currently working in a private firm. My family (Mother, Father and a brother who is a special child) is here in india. We have our paternal home and other properties also.

That clearly shows that I have strong ties to my home country and my wife is dependent on me.

I wanna know about her chances of getting the B2 VISA approved considering the following conditions:

(i) If she is dependent on me.
    (ii) If she is a working women in a private firm. (is it difficult to get the VISA in this case?)
    (iii) Will Bank balance be a issue???? ( I can get a invitation letter from my relatives if required)

I would really appreciate if you guys can help and show some light on this.

Regards
    Sachin
    You both appear to have strong enough ties to home country. I do not see anything based on the information you have provided that would pose a problem in her getting a visa. Of course it's up to the VO officer to determine if they feel like she would be an immigration risk, so all you can do is apply, but again, I don't see anything that would imply that.

Good Luck to you,

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X