Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents B2 Visitor Visa renewal Drop Box experience and timeline @ Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents B2 Visitor Visa renewal Drop Box experience and timeline @ Mumbai Consulate

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience for renewal of the B2 visitor visa of my parents @ Mumbai consulate

Steps:
    1. Filled DS160 forms for both of my parents
    2. created a profile at the visa portal, paid the fees ($160 / person)
    3. it took a day for the portal to automatically update the receipt number
    4. It asked a lot of questions, after answering all, it said my parents are eligible for the Drop box and I got the drop box confirmation letter
    5. I sent all the sponsor docs (3 months paystub, bank stmts, etc)
    6. Dad went to the consulate to submit the docs, they returned everything except passports, DS160 conf page, and photographs (date: 11/9/2017)
    7. 11/13/2017 status: application received, case created
    8. 11/14/2017 status: adminstrative processing
    9. 11/15/2017status: issued

Fairly starighforward hassle free process. still have to collect the passports, I hope they got 10 year visa

Thanks

Thank you for sharing your experience. It will be useful for other members.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Dropbox eligibility

My parents visa expired in January 2017. They will be applying for renewal in December 2018.
      Are they eligible for dropbox? What is the process and what documents are needed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Originally posted by mitesh1103 View Post
      Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience for renewal of the B2 visitor visa of my parents @ Mumbai consulate

Steps:
      1. Filled DS160 forms for both of my parents
      2. created a profile at the visa portal, paid the fees ($160 / person)
      3. it took a day for the portal to automatically update the receipt number
      4. It asked a lot of questions, after answering all, it said my parents are eligible for the Drop box and I got the drop box confirmation letter
      5. I sent all the sponsor docs (3 months paystub, bank stmts, etc)
      6. Dad went to the consulate to submit the docs, they returned everything except passports, DS160 conf page, and photographs (date: 11/9/2017)
      7. 11/13/2017 status: application received, case created
      8. 11/14/2017 status: adminstrative processing
      9. 11/15/2017status: issued

Fairly starighforward hassle free process. still have to collect the passports, I hope they got 10 year visa

Thanks

Comment

Parents Visa Renewal - Different Sponsor from last time

Hi,
        I am in process of renewing my parent's visitor visa which expired in 6 months ago. Ten years ago my sister's husband sponsored their visa and this time I am going to sponsor them. Can somebody guide me to know if my parents do qualify for the visa "dropbox" facility? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EnergyEngr View Post
          Hi,
          I am in process of renewing my parent's visitor visa which expired in 6 months ago. Ten years ago my sister's husband sponsored their visa and this time I am going to sponsor them. Can somebody guide me to know if my parents do qualify for the visa "dropbox" facility? Thanks
          They do qualify. When you'll fill up the forms online, you'll be asked relevant questions & asked if you would like to go with "Drop Box".
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Parents Visa Renewal - Different Sponsor from last time

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
            They do qualify. When you'll fill up the forms online, you'll be asked relevant questions & asked if you would like to go with "Drop Box".
            Thank you for your reply. Just curious to know, can the visa applicants prefer to schedule an interview even if drop box facility is available and eligible? Thanks

Comment

Yes.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X