Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way in which my mother can stay in US for more time with Visitor Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way in which my mother can stay in US for more time with Visitor Visa

Hi,
    I came to US few weeks back on H1B from India. I would like to bring my mother here to stay with me. She is single (my father expired few years back).I can bring her here on visitor visa as she is not dependent but with that visa she can only stay for 6 months.
    My questions are
    1) Is there a way in which she can stay in US for more time with Visitor Visa
    2) I heard she can go to any other country before 6 months instead of India and return back to US after saying may a week or two.Is that true? if so what is the process ? because my cousin lives in Canada with PR so, I can send her there

Please help me.
    Thanks,
    Raghu

Soon after your mother arrives on her visitor visa, submit form I-539 for a non-immigrant visa extension.

--Ray B

Originally posted by raghu_goteti View Post
    Hi,
    I came to US few weeks back on H1B from India. I would like to bring my mother here to stay with me. She is single (my father expired few years back).I can bring her here on visitor visa as she is not dependent but with that visa she can only stay for 6 months.
    My questions are
    1) Is there a way in which she can stay in US for more time with Visitor Visa
    2) I heard she can go to any other country before 6 months instead of India and return back to US after saying may a week or two.Is that true? if so what is the process ? because my cousin lives in Canada with PR so, I can send her there

Please help me.
    Thanks,
    Raghu

Comment

Thanks ray .How many days maximum will i get if i try for visa extension.

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      Soon after your mother arrives on her visitor visa, submit form I-539 for a non-immigrant visa extension.

--Ray B
      Thanks ray . How many days maximum will i get if i try for visa extension. and how long will the process take?

Comment

You might be able to get a 6-months extension. I can't tell you how long it will take for approval or if there is a chance for denial.

--Ray B

Originally posted by raghu_goteti View Post
        Thanks ray . How many days maximum will i get if i try for visa extension. and how long will the process take?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X