Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for during pregnancy of my wife

Hi

I am planning to take my mother's visitor visa so she can arrive in August and stay with us for 3 months as my wife is pregnant. I have two brothers who are in india and my father will also be in india. (He is not coming). This are ties in india she can tell to VO.

Can my mother say that she is going to visit me for pregnancy care of my wife.. Should she say this or just say that she is going for toursim purpose for 2-3 months..

I will be sponserning my mother and filling I-134 for her.. Please let me know which purpose should i write on her DS-156 appliction that will increase her chance of visa..

I am in USA since Jan-06 on H1B visa.

Thanks in advance

Hardik

Do not tell "pregnancy" as the purpose of visit. Ask her to say tourism and visiting family members.

And also ask for 3 months or 4 months. Do not ask more than that.

Regards,
    Swetha

Comment

Originally posted by hardikshah01
      Hi

I am planning to take my mother's visitor visa so she can arrive in August and stay with us for 3 months as my wife is pregnant. I have two brothers who are in india and my father will also be in india. (He is not coming). This are ties in india she can tell to VO.

Make sure you include all this in your documents.

Can my mother say that she is going to visit me for pregnancy care of my wife.. Should she say this or just say that she is going for toursim purpose for 2-3 months..

I will be sponserning my mother and filling I-134 for her.. Please let me know which purpose should i write on her DS-156 appliction that will increase her chance of visa..

I wld say "visit son and tourism for ~3 mnths"

I am in USA since Jan-06 on H1B visa.

Then you may not have W2 and Tax returns etc, so make sure that you provide documents which would clear indicate you are financially sound enough to sponsor the trip.

Thanks in advance

Hardik
      HTH
      RK

Comment

Folks, visitor visa is for tourism and visiting family not for caregiving.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and suggestion..

I have taken my mom's visa date as 08/08/2006. If my father also want to come, can he make application now and still get the same appointment date or he will get different appointment date

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X