Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents Visa got rejected

Hi All,

My parents applied fora Visitor's Visa on May 10th and they got rejected under immigration intent.

They have been to the US 3 times before and left in time. The officer asked my mother why she stays longer than my father (my father everytime went back in a month ot two) but my mother would stay for 4 months. As both me and my brother are here my mother said as "both her kids are there she stays a little longer as my father has to get back for work".

Also the officer said that "will this be the last time you will go", to which my MOm replied honestly that she does not have any plans to go again in the next 2-3 years.
    Anyway after this the officer rejected the VISA and when my Mom and Dad asked why and what they should do now, she said apply next time and we will see.
    I had sent all the documents but she did not even see much of it.

Now my questions: how soon should they reapply. What should be done diffrently. How do I get a senator's letter. Does that help?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. As both me and my brother are here (They donot have any kids in India) should my brother sponser the next time??

Thanks a lot.

They have to prove they are not potential immigrant everytime they apply.

Comment

Hey it is not prooving or something...it all depends on CO and time.

Comment

yukta, right on! The whole concept of "proving" is a facade to the whims and fancies of COs. What more can you prove than the fact that the parents left the US shores within I-94 expiry. So what if the mom stayed back a little longer, she did leave on time everytime. I have never seen such a flagrant diregard of fairness. People with **** documents run amock in US with F1s and H1s (and the COs know it all too well) but parents with genuine non-immigrant intent are unfairly denied.

Comment

Very true!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X