CBP contact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBP contact?

I travelled to Canada with an ETA and tried to enter US by road but was not allowed to. I was told that although I had passed my 10 years ban period, I still had a Fraud pending on my record for which I will have to apply for a waiver. Since the time is almost 20 years that this happened, I don't remember exactly what the situation is. I sent the embassy an email which directed me to another department which finally directed me to the CBP. I sent an email to their "contact us" but got a message that the email will be replied in about 15 days. I called the number provided but there doesn't seem to be any live person available.

Can someone please advise me on if there is a faster way of contacting them? And what is the waiver process like? Thanks so much
    Last edited by kramvi; 12-07-2017, 11:07 PM. Reason: Shortening

Originally posted by kramvi View Post
    I travelled to Canada with an ETA and tried to enter US by road but was not allowed to. I was told that although I had passed my 10 years ban period, I still had a Fraud pending on my record for which I will have to apply for a waiver. Since the time is almost 20 years that this happened, I don't remember exactly what the situation is. I sent the embassy an email which directed me to another department which finally directed me to the CBP. I sent an email to their "contact us" but got a message that the email will be replied in about 15 days. I called the number provided but there doesn't seem to be any live person available.

Can someone please advise me on if there is a faster way of contacting them? And what is the waiver process like? Thanks so much
    What is your nationality? How come you are trying to enter the US without a visa? Are you trying to enter under the Visa Waiver Program?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      What is your nationality? How come you are trying to enter the US without a visa? Are you trying to enter under the Visa Waiver Program?
      Yes I am entering under VWP program as the nationality on my passport is Australian. Thanks Mr. newacct, would you be having their contact details please?
      Last edited by kramvi; 12-07-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Yes I am entering under VWP program as the nationality on my passport is Australian. Thanks Mr. newacct, would you be having their contact details please?
        If you have a ban (which they're claiming you have, due to fraud), you can't use VWP and must apply for a visitor visa.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          If you have a ban (which they're claiming you have, due to fraud), you can't use VWP and must apply for a visitor visa.

I was made aware that I cannot use VWP. However I was told by the officer that I need to apply for a waiver which will be placed into the passport after which I apply for a visa. (if I correctly understood.)

Comment

I was made aware that I cannot use VWP. However I was told by the officer that I need to apply for a waiver which will be placed into the passport after which I apply for a visa. (if I correctly understood.)
            You do not separately apply for a waiver. You apply for a nonimmigrant visa, and if it is denied due to a ban (and not denied due to the generic reason of immigrant intent, which cannot be waived), the officer will inform you about the steps to apply for a nonimmigrant waiver, which will be adjudicated by that same officer. There is no form to apply for it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X