Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with B2 Visa!

Hi,

I recently applied for a B2 visa but was refused under Section 214(b). To be honest, I was completely unprepared and had hardly brought any evidence (stupid), but also the interviewer was quite moody anyway.

I am going to the US to observe a sports program for around 4 months before I head to university, back home, in September 2018. I went in September 2017 to the same place in the US under an ESTA but this was for their pre-season (completely different). Is this the right Visa to be applying for and what evidence do i need to ensure I can gain a visa?

Thanks!!!

You can always apply again

You have weak ties to your home abroad and are seeking to stay in the United States for a long duration. So, go prepared to fight an uphill battle

Be prepared to explain how you plan to support yourself during your stay, and be prepared to convince them that you won't be working.

"He's going to sit around for four months watching other people play sports?" - be prepared to overcome that sort of skepticism

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply!

I understand it is quite a weird/tough situation for me to argue, but at the end of the day I'm not working, so just need to prove it.

Is the B2 visa correct to apply for?

Comment

no option for filling out previous / work or travel - DS 160, is that alright?

I have already filled out the DS 160 form but I am wondering why it doesn't have the option of previous work / travel. It only asks the present and the next page is already security background. I was wondering if I have missed something that that page does not show up. And I have been backtracking my application here and there but even the educational background has not been asked as well. I cannot proceed unless I am sure its not important anymore. May you help me? Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X