Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit VISA and sponsorship for step mother

Hi folks,

I would like my father and step mother to visit me here in the US. I am a permanent resident. My biological mother passed away when i was 13 and my father remarried when i was 23 yeas of age. My passport still has my biological mothers name on it. My father had previously applied and had gotten a B1/B2 Visa which is still valid. I have already filled out the DS-160 for my stepmother and the visa interview is 10 days from now. But i had filled out her application indicating that i am her son, but i am have now doubts if that was the correct approach.

DS-160 Relevant questions

Q: Person/Entity paying for your trip?
    A: OTHER PERSON, <my details>, Relationship to you: CHILD

Q: US Point of Contact?
    A: <my details>, Relationship to you: RELATIVE

Q: Do you have any immediate relative in the US?
    A: <my details>, Relationship to you: CHILD

Would this be correct in her case, or should we submit a new DS-160 with (Relationship to you: OTHER RELATIVE)? In that case would it better if its a SELF sponsorship? (She is a govt employee and financially capable)

I was thinking of asking her to take my biological mothers death certificate, her marriage certificate as proof that she is my step mother. Her passport has my fathers name under spouse. Also how to go about filling up the affidavit of support in this case and would i refer to her as just mother in the invitation letter?

Please advise.....

No need to fill new DS-160. What you are doing would be just fine. Consular officers understand such situations.

Before they travel to the US, make sure to purchase visitors insurance for them, available for instant purchase online https://www.insubuy.com
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

B2 Visa For Step Mom

I also have the same problem? It would be great if the can suggest me how to deal this situation based on this experience?

Comment

Originally posted by PankajRaichur View Post
        I also have the same problem? It would be great if the can suggest me how to deal this situation based on this experience?
        Please elaborate your question.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi, I am in a similar situation. My mother passed away a few years ago. But my passport has my birth parents' name on it. My father remarried (she was a widow too) but none of them changed the passports. So they both have their respective ex-spouse name on their passports. Would it be a problem when applying for B1/B2 visa?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X