Denied b2 visa help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied b2 visa help?

I am a student currently in my last high school year of school. I applied for esta last year, was approved immediately and visited the US for 10 days the following month. Everything went perfect and so I was planning another 2 week trip during Easter to visit my friend in the USA, unfortunately my ESTA status had recently been changed. I applied for a b2 visa and was also denied, they told me my ESTA was status was changed due to an advert I had apparently posted of Craigslist looking for work, I did not post no such advert and tried to explain this but no success, My visa was denied under 214 (b). I want to reapply again within the following month as I already have my tickets purchased to visit the US between 20th March- 1st April. How can I make sure my visa is approved this time and assure them it was NOT me who posted any advert? Will applying for a redress via dhs trip help?

Originally posted by Richard055 View Post
    I am a student currently in my last high school year of school. I applied for esta last year, was approved immediately and visited the US for 10 days the following month. Everything went perfect and so I was planning another 2 week trip during Easter to visit my friend in the USA, unfortunately my ESTA status had recently been changed. I applied for a b2 visa and was also denied, they told me my ESTA was status was changed due to an advert I had apparently posted of Craigslist looking for work, I did not post no such advert and tried to explain this but no success, My visa was denied under 214 (b). I want to reapply again within the following month as I already have my tickets purchased to visit the US between 20th March- 1st April. How can I make sure my visa is approved this time and assure them it was NOT me who posted any advert? Will applying for a redress via dhs trip help?
    Please share the result.. same kind of thing happened with me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bikasag View Post
      Please share the result.. same kind of thing happened with me as well.
      Still trying to solve this issue. I have applied for a redress via the DHS trip website and awaiting their reply.
      Also gathering documents to go for a second interview to prove my need to return (letters from work, school etc) but have not yet booked a second interview. Not sure when or if I even should until I get a reply from the trip. Not sure how to talk myself out of this one, I did not post an ad and it's very unfair.

Comment

Still trying to solve this issue. I have applied for a redress via the DHS trip website and awaiting their reply.
        Also gathering documents to go for a second interview to prove my need to return (letters from work, school etc) but have not yet booked a second interview. Not sure when or if I even should until I get a reply from the trip. Not sure how to talk myself out of this one, I did not post an ad and it's very unfair.
        Do you have proof of your craigslist account showing that no such advertisement was posted?
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

B2 denied

Or see if you can find that post and prove it's not you. If you are able to get enough information from it then you can show it's not your information.
          This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
            Do you have proof of your craigslist account showing that no such advertisement was posted?
            That's the thing, I don't even have a Craigslist account.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
            Or see if you can find that post and prove it's not you. If you are able to get enough information from it then you can show it's not your information.
            Have tried finding a post but without luck. They told me the post contained my picture.
            I dont know if it was someone I know trying to ruin my chances or just a complete mistake but its very frustrating right now as I had planned my visit for next month.

Comment

That's the thing, I don't even have a Craigslist account.

- - - Updated - - -

Have tried finding a post but without luck. They told me the post contained my picture.
              I dont know if it was someone I know trying to ruin my chances or just a complete mistake but its very frustrating right now as I had planned my visit for next month.

The VO was obviously able to find it. you might try going back and asking to see the post so that you can prove it's not you. also location demographics of where it was posted could help if it's in a different area then where you were residing at the time.
              This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

The VO was obviously able to find it. you might try going back and asking to see the post so that you can prove it's not you. also location demographics of where it was posted could help if it's in a different area then where you were residing at the time.
                Do you think I'm wasting my time going through the DHS trip progress then? Am I better to go try again in person?

Comment

Do you think I'm wasting my time going through the DHS trip progress then? Am I better to go try again in person?

If it were me I'd do everything I could to clear my name. but this is a forum and I can't give legal advice. do what you feel you need to do.

-Krypton9591

Comment

If it were me I'd do everything I could to clear my name. but this is a forum and I can't give legal advice. do what you feel you need to do.
                    That is what I'm trying to do. Just unclear of all my options

Comment

Do not lie, see if you can admit your mistake & get the visa.
                      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X