Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 to H1B (cap exempt) transfer

Hello everyone,

I need your perspective to understand the chances of my B2->H1B visa transfer approval.

Till 2015, I had 2 graduate degrees on F1 visa, and then worked in US for 1.5 years on H1B. Then, I went back to India.

In September 2017, I came to US again to visit my wife on B2. Initially I intended to stay for a short period, but then I canceled my return ticket and interviewed for jobs in the US. I received an offer, and the employer is willing to apply for an H1B transfer, and a change of status from B2 to H1B.

While it is in process, are there any risks involved?

Originally posted by Aravind Gayam View Post
    Hello everyone,

I need your perspective to understand the chances of my B2->H1B visa transfer approval.

Till 2015, I had 2 graduate degrees on F1 visa, and then worked in US for 1.5 years on H1B. Then, I went back to India.

In September 2017, I came to US again to visit my wife on B2. Initially I intended to stay for a short period, but then I canceled my return ticket and interviewed for jobs in the US. I received an offer, and the employer is willing to apply for an H1B transfer, and a change of status from B2 to H1B.

While it is in process, are there any risks involved?
    Giving interview on B2 visa is not supported - you are violating the law.

B2 to H1B is however possible in your case (since you were here before & your wife is still in US) - but rejection rate will be pretty high. Getting new H1 stamped in India will be easier.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X