Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor Visa for sister; Please Help

Hi everyone,

I am in the US on F1 student visa for graduate studies.

I want to apply for B1 tourist visa for my sister (19 years), who is completing the Advanced Level examination this August, after which she finishes school. She is expecting to attend Medical College afterwards, and she plans make a casual visit (sightseeing, relaxing etc.) for few weeks while waiting for her exam results.

I know it's difficult to get visitor visa for young people like her so I want to be thorough with the application to make sure she gets it. She really deserves this break as she went through a pretty tough year.

My questions are as follows;

1. When is the best time to apply for her visa? Should I apply now, while she is still at school or should I wait till she finishes her exam?

2. What are the supporting documents to take for her interview, both financial and otherwise? (Her family ties are my mother and youngest sister. My mother has been granted B1 visa for 5 years and she accompanied me to the States last year. She was here only for two weeks.) How do I prove her genuine intention of a casual visit?

Your help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thank you,

C
    Last edited by chathu; 02-15-2018, 08:08 PM.

1. While in school.
    2. Read https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visitor...tor-documents/
    3. There is no one best way to prove the genuine visit intentions. Show family ties, pending completion of school etc.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Dear Immihelp,

Thank you so much for the information. Really appreciate it.

Best,
      C

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X