Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B2 Visa holder dependent on F1 student. Can extend stay legally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B2 Visa holder dependent on F1 student. Can extend stay legally?

My wife and I are International students studying in the US. Our F1 visas are valid for 3 years. We will apply for an extension closer to the expiry date of our I20's since our planned studies will take approximately 4 to 5 years to complete.

My mother in law is currently in the US on a B2 visitor's visa. The I94 expires in October 2006. She is totally dependent on us since she is a retired senior with no income possibilities of her own in our home country to enable her to look after herself there without us providing for her. Our F1 status prohibits us from earning any income to support her while we are studying in the US.

Question 1: How can we go about getting her to stay with us for the duration of our study period in the US? Do we continually apply for extensions on her B2 visa every 6 months when the I94 expires? If so, are there likely to be any problems with the approval of the extensions (i.e. rejected because of her longer than normal duration of stay etc.)?

Question 2: We are not allowed to work in the US in order to provide Mother in law with medical insurance. How can we het her to see a doctor on a regular basis for her heart condition without incurring expensive costs? She needs blood tests every three weeks which tells her how to regulate her medication, and she also needs to get her medication on a monthly basis. With no income what options are available to us for low cost medical care for her during her stay in the US (noting that we are not residents/citizens of the US)?

Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you kindly,
    Ravelstaff

1. Tourist visa is for tourism. You can't stay forever in this country on tourist visa. Extension will eventually be denied.

2. Unfortunately, no medical insurance will cover that. It will be considered as pre-existing conditions. You will have to pay for it yourself.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X