Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brother's B2 visa denied for my graduation. His experience and tips for reapplying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother's B2 visa denied for my graduation. His experience and tips for reapplying.

Hi.
    I am a MS student in the US and I wanted to invite my parents and brother to the USA for my graduation in May this year. My parents have applied for visa in Delhi while my brother applied from Chennai because it is close to where he works. He took with him all the papers and VO did not ask for any of them. He is 23, single and works as an engineer in ISRO. He is in a 3 years bond with ISRO and cannot leave his job no matter what.
    This is how the interview went,

Question 1: Why are you going to USA?
    Ans: To attend my sister's graduation.

Q2: Where is she?
    A2: Univ of X

Q3: What do you do?
    A3: I am an engineer in ISRO

Q4: How much do you earn?
    A4: XYZ

Q5: Are you married or single?
    A5: Single.

His visa was rejected. I understand he was not able to show strong ties because he is young and single. How to answer the next time he is there for an interview. Is it even worth to try for another one? Also, he started his job in September last year and doesn't have a lot of savings so my father was sponsoring for his trip.

Do you think he should have mentioned the bond when he was asked what do you do? I think, it would be more information than what VO asked for but would that have made a difference?

Any comments anyone????

??
    Originally posted by Vaishali Kandpal View Post
    Hi.
    I am a MS student in the US and I wanted to invite my parents and brother to the USA for my graduation in May this year. My parents have applied for visa in Delhi while my brother applied from Chennai because it is close to where he works. He took with him all the papers and VO did not ask for any of them. He is 23, single and works as an engineer in ISRO. He is in a 3 years bond with ISRO and cannot leave his job no matter what.

His visa was rejected. I understand he was not able to show strong ties because he is young and single. How to answer the next time he is there for an interview. Is it even worth to try for another one? Also, he started his job in September last year and doesn't have a lot of savings so my father was sponsoring for his trip.

Do you think he should have mentioned the bond when he was asked what do you do? I think, it would be more information than what VO asked for but would that have made a difference?

Comment

Vaishali,

I have a question about your parents visa? Did they get visa?

Comment

Hi.

Considering his age & marital status - chances are pretty less for him to get B2 visa.

Better to wait for sometime before you reapply.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Yes they got it.

Originally posted by Mishi123 View Post
          Vaishali,

I have a question about your parents visa? Did they get visa?
          - - - Updated - - -

Hey! Thanks.

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Considering his age & marital status - chances are pretty less for him to get B2 visa.

Better to wait for sometime before you reapply.

Comment

Hey! Thanks.
            Please keep us posted, once you re-apply.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X