Russian BF Denied Tourist Visa at US Embassy in Kiev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian BF Denied Tourist Visa at US Embassy in Kiev

I recently moved back to the U.S. after living in Moscow, and invited my boyfriend of two years to come visit for a couple weeks - see what it's like, meet my family, etc. We are planning a future in the U.S. together but there was never any intention to overstay a visa or illegally work.

He has a managerial position at a reputable tech company in Moscow and is completing his Master?s degree.

He applied for the visa in Kiev because the Moscow embassy is completely booked. After the interview, he was DENIED, because he mentioned his relationship to me.

He can pay again and schedule another interview there for next week, but it?s possible he may even meet with the same interviewer, and the first denial is on his record now. Plus, the embassy in Ukraine has a 40% rejection rate. So?

He has already spent $600+ in embassy fees and travel costs to get this visa, and to no avail. Not to mention the 12-hour train rides to Kiev and back.

Please, does anyone have experience with this? Advice? Should he try again at the same embassy?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by tuxedo-cat View Post
    I recently moved back to the U.S. after living in Moscow, and invited my boyfriend of two years to come visit for a couple weeks - see what it's like, meet my family, etc. We are planning a future in the U.S. together but there was never any intention to overstay a visa or illegally work.

He has a managerial position at a reputable tech company in Moscow and is completing his Master?s degree.

He applied for the visa in Kiev because the Moscow embassy is completely booked. After the interview, he was DENIED, because he mentioned his relationship to me.

He can pay again and schedule another interview there for next week, but it?s possible he may even meet with the same interviewer, and the first denial is on his record now. Plus, the embassy in Ukraine has a 40% rejection rate. So?

He has already spent $600+ in embassy fees and travel costs to get this visa, and to no avail. Not to mention the 12-hour train rides to Kiev and back.

Please, does anyone have experience with this? Advice? Should he try again at the same embassy?

Thanks in advance!
    I am sorry to hear about that! I do not recommend your boyfriend to try the interview one more time because there was a denial record and indicated that he has an intention ("mentioned his relationship to me") of not coming back to his own country. His occupation of a tech company might be a bit sensitive as well, so that might be become one of the denial reasons as well. If your boyfriend still wants to try get a visa, he might be wait for couple years and get some changes of himself first.
    This is only my opinion!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X