Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Father's B1/B2 visa probably rejected once 20 years back... He does not remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's B1/B2 visa probably rejected once 20 years back... He does not remember

Hi,
    My father's company had applied for a B1/B2 visa for him in 1999. He does not remember clearly whether the visa was actually rejected in the first visit.
    But he did eventually get a B1/B2 visa for 6 months in in the same year 1999.

He wants to apply for the same B2 visa again, as my parents intend to visit me in USA.
    What do you reckon he should answer in the question which asks whether you have been rejected a visa before ?

He cannot recollect whether the visa was actually denied, and even if so, he does not remember the reason, since it is close to 20 years back.
    Is it okay if we mention NO, since he did eventually get the B1/B2 visa back then ?

Appreciate any help or suggestions on this...

Thanks,
    Parag

Tricky situation, since its a long back story - I think you can say "no".

To be on safer side, talk to an attorney or call the consulate directly - that you are really not very sure about earlier rejection.

Though, since your father had visa earlier & were returned back on time, he should be good to re-apply.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X