Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa for parents and sister for attending graduation ceremony

Hi,

Me and my parents are planning to visit US for 20 days to attend my brothers graduation in May.
    The return tickets are booked. Family visa appointment is scheduled in mid-April.

Please share what types of documents I should take in order to get the visa. Below are the details:

1) I (sister) am 24 years old, unmarried, however working in an MNC in Mumbai since past 3 years with current CTC of 9 lacs per year. I am also pursuing executive MBA in India sponsored by the employer, from which I will graduate in September 2018.

2) Father is a retired government official. He will be financing the trip (expect for ticket and visa fees, which I have paid for). Mother is a homemaker.

3) One more concern I have is, that since I have sponsored mine and parents tickets, I don't have enough balance in my account currently. That should not affect the finance aspect in getting visa right?

Thanks in advance,
    Regards,
    Parul

USCIS recommends not to book your travel tickets until you get the visa.

Document wise you need to show strong ties to your home country - parents will not have any problem in getting the visa. However you being a young skilled person - can be treated as potential immigrant - hence you need a lot of proof to support ties to your home country. A permanent job will need a sanctioned leave letter, bank balance is good, but a regular incoming salary will be better. & so on ...
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X