Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other name question - different name while living in another country

Hello everyone,

I am from the Philippines but I am currently studying in Taiwan. I am required to use a Chinese name while in university, and I also use this Chinese name in other legal documents in Taiwan such as the Alien Resident Certificate (kind of like a national ID for foreigners living in Taiwan) and my National Health Insurance card.

Should I provide this name in the "other names" field, and should I provide it in the English alphabet spelling, or Chinese characters?

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by claudinehere View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am from the Philippines but I am currently studying in Taiwan. I am required to use a Chinese name while in university, and I also use this Chinese name in other legal documents in Taiwan such as the Alien Resident Certificate (kind of like a national ID for foreigners living in Taiwan) and my National Health Insurance card.

Should I provide this name in the "other names" field, and should I provide it in the English alphabet spelling, or Chinese characters?

Thanks a lot!
    Write the name as mentioned in your "Passport". Mention your Chinese name in other name(s) column.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Alright, thanks! Should I write my Chinese name in its English alphabet spelling or in Chinese characters when I fill in the ?other names? field?

Comment

Originally posted by claudinehere View Post
        Alright, thanks! Should I write my Chinese name in its English alphabet spelling or in Chinese characters when I fill in the ?other names? field?
        English please.

Sorry I haven't seen any Philippines/Chinese passport before. Do you have 2 columns for name in passport ? English and Chinese ?

Basically on the visa, you'll see only English name & the officer at POE should be able to verify that the passport & visa belongs to same person & he can only do that in English.

Hope this helps.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X