Can I combine ESTA and B2 visitor visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I combine ESTA and B2 visitor visa

I am an EU citizen and have about 60 days left to travel in the US on my ESTA and want to visit the US in June but am unsure how long I'd like to stay at this point. Can I apply for a B2 while in the US?

Also, if I apply for a B2 now, do I keep my ESTA days (i.e. I have 6 months on the B2 + the 60 days on my ESTA)?

Thanks

Originally posted by hopla1234 View Post
    I am an EU citizen and have about 60 days left to travel in the US on my ESTA and want to visit the US in June but am unsure how long I'd like to stay at this point. Can I apply for a B2 while in the US?

Also, if I apply for a B2 now, do I keep my ESTA days (i.e. I have 6 months on the B2 + the 60 days on my ESTA)?

Thanks
    I don't really understand your question.

US visas are only for entry, and can only be gotten at a US consulate outside the US, because if you are in the US, you don't need to "enter". If you get a B2 visa, that will be for the next time you come to the US, and you will apply for the visa at a US consulate in your country before you come.

Not sure what you mean by "keeping" your VWP "days". Each entry is independent. You were admitted for 90 days this time on VWP. Next time if you come on B2, you will normally be admitted for 6 months.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X